Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Website Builder: Editing Navigation Buttons On Homepage

I am having problems building my navigation bar the way I would like it. I want to add a button for services which when you hover over it will offer a drop down menu of services by customer type, such as small business, non-profit etc. 

The problem I am having is that I want the user to be able to click directly on one of the drop down menu items and be taken to the specific page for small business services. I don't want to have to add a page for services and then have the user need to click another link on that page to go to small business services. 

Hopefully I have explained that clearly enough. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
    sethl
    Helper III

Hi Kelly,

I use the GoDaddy Website Builder for my company site, so you & me are the same. Just as a tip from me to you, you get it for free if you pay for the re-seller hosting plan. 😉 It's a great application for a corporate landing page, but not for a "robust online service", etc.

When you edit the menu bar, you'll be given an option to add "sub-menus", which you can do up to 2 levels. So when someone hovers over 1 page, the secondary pages will show up.

I took the liberty of calling up GoDaddy hosting support for you & looked at the GoDaddy Website Builder dashboard myself. 301 redirects don't exist, but you could explore displaying images or text links to each of your services. 2 things I sort of recommend not trying:

1) Put a 301 redirect script on the page you'd like to redirect, if that's even possible.

2) Create your own menu from purely CSS, PHP, & HTML and link that drop-down page to the desired destination.

I recommend creating images for each of your services on the homepage instead of through the menu. That's what I'm doing. I list each of my services similar to apps you view on a cell-phone.

You replied 

"When you edit the menu bar, you'll be given an option to add "sub-menus", which you can do up to 2 levels. So when someone hovers over 1 page, the secondary pages will show up."

I only want people to be able to select "sub-menu" items, so when the over what you call page 1 they see the sub-menu items and can only go to those pages.   Is that possible?

thanks