Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

audio in a blog post

How do I add audio (Soundcloud) to a blog post? If unable, why is this not a feature? Video can be added.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
    rd
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I

The main body of a the current blog editor in W+M is not a rich text editor. The special items you can add, image, video (Youtube and Vimeo) and a divider is handled for you, perhaps for ease of use? Maybe the real ask here is to have a HTML section that you could add, then could populate it with SoundCloud embed text?

I couldn't tell you the reason a rich text editor was not included but perhaps that is an addition that can be looked at? Meanwhile you can try to look for duplicate content on YouTube as a workaround? I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Thanks Roy.

An html section would be excellent. GoDaddy pitched W+M's ability to integrate soundcloud on the websites, among other bells and whistles. My website is for my podcast. I can't understand why GoDaddy would not have a similar function on the blog.

Hopefully GoDaddy can provide this function.

Steven

You may be the catalyst for a HTML option in the W+M blog @TexanAbroad? Many podcasts I listen to seem to post all over so even if I discover them on SoundCloud I tend to prefer the YouTube video. There was at one time a Give us feedback on the backend but I'm not sure where that went to? Also a SoundCloud addition to the social media links (or a blank one where you can add your own icon) would be helpful as well.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

TLH

Hi @TexanAbroad,

Welcome to the Community!

Take a look at this article for adding a SoundCloud audio track or playlist to your Websites+Marketing builder. Hopefully it will help you with any questions you have regarding the process. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    Supporting you at godaddy.com/help/contact-us

Thanks @TLH for the link. It's helpful, but not quite what I need. I found a work around by importing an external blog, but it is still not where I want it to be. I've requested that audio or html be an added feature on the W+M blog platform.

Thanks again.