Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • GoDaddy Website Builders
  • GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    startupaf
    New

changing default description

When you type a URL in facebook's post dialogue, an image, followed by page name and short description appears. How to change the default image and description?

e.g, My theme was something realated to teaching, so the description reads "Our programs are offered on a two-year, full-time basis. We continually audit our curriculum to ensure we always provide industry-standard knowledge.". Also the image is of a beach, though it now appears nowhere in my actual site.

Wanted to post a screenshot, but a 500kb file takes forever to upload. 😕 Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    charminglygeeky
    Employee

Hi @startupaf

As one of our community moderators let me be one of the first to welcome you to our forums. We have no control of how the preview of your site appears on Facebook. However, there is a tool that Facebook offers  that should resolve your issue. Take a look at it here

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    charminglygeeky
    Employee

Hi @startupaf

As one of our community moderators let me be one of the first to welcome you to our forums. We have no control of how the preview of your site appears on Facebook. However, there is a tool that Facebook offers  that should resolve your issue. Take a look at it here

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

Thank you. GoDaddy technical support has taken care of my issue. The tool you linked to was also very helpful.

Really appreciate your reply.

it seems your link does not work anymore, can you help here? 

I am wanting to put a page on my godaddy website into my facebook and when I click on the f on the left on my godaddy page, my page and a short description of me pops up for my facebook post.  I want to edit that short description but can't figure out where it came from.  Thanks.

Worked for me as well thank you so much for the tip! I was really frustrated but this fixed my problem in less that 3 minutes. Awesome !!