• GoDaddy Website Builders

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    topsy88
    Getting Started

does godaddy offer free Terms, Privacy, Cookie templates for hosted e commerce sites

If you have webhosting and domain with Godaddy, are there any free templates for the legal pages like cookies, terms, privacy etc? I am in the UK, I will create a simple ecommerce website selling one product in different sizes. So my needs are simple. I will be selling using Paypal and cryptocurrencies and possibly other payment providers. It will probably be a Wordpress hosted e=commerce site with Woo Commerce shopping cart.

I will need to create

Terms of Use

Terms and Conditons of sale (product)

Cookie Policy

Privacy Policy

Is there any other 'legal page i would need? 

Does Godaddy provide generic free templates for those who host their website here? If not can anyone recommend a free template, or generator suitable for a UK based website although my domain will be a .com one. I will be selling worldwide. 

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Muse
    Super User I

@topsy88 

That would be very difficult for any hosting company to create legal documents that apply to all geographic locations and business models.   Plus when it comes to legal issues, it's always best to run your unique situation by an attorney that is familiar with the Internet and your business.

For Terms of Use and Conditions of Sale -- that's based on your business model.  Cookies and Privacy statement depend on where you are located and where you are selling.

Since you mentioned WordPress there's a great plugin that I've used, WP Legal Pages, that would give you a running start in creating policies that you can then tailor to your specific needs and legal requirements.   They have a Pro version too if you need something more complex.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
    Muse
    Super User I

@topsy88 

That would be very difficult for any hosting company to create legal documents that apply to all geographic locations and business models.   Plus when it comes to legal issues, it's always best to run your unique situation by an attorney that is familiar with the Internet and your business.

For Terms of Use and Conditions of Sale -- that's based on your business model.  Cookies and Privacy statement depend on where you are located and where you are selling.

Since you mentioned WordPress there's a great plugin that I've used, WP Legal Pages, that would give you a running start in creating policies that you can then tailor to your specific needs and legal requirements.   They have a Pro version too if you need something more complex.

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Boldness be my friend." ~ William Shakespeare

View solution in original post

topsy88
    Getting Started

thank you @Muse