• How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Employee

Are there any recommendations or best practices for growing a business using social media?

In my experience growing a business through social media can be one the hardest ways to produce success. On social media anything goes and your business is subject to any and all opinions. I'm curious if anyone has tactics or strategy to avoid the potential downfall of using social media? Is there a certain model that is accepted in any small business communities? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Retired
    Not applicable

The best tactics I've used and seen others use are:

Posting Behavior:

• Post 1-2 times a day, mostly short posts with a lot of images.
    • Post manually vs using a social media management app.
    • Cross post, but change it up a bit for each platform so it's not too redundant for people who follow you on multiple platforms.
    • Schedule your posts., keeping in mind the prime posting times for each social media platform.

Damage Control:

• Be responsive when someone posts a negative review or comment, and in your response be understanding & make it your goal to find common ground.
    • Delay responding if you're angry, or have someone else do it for you. I know, I just said be responsive, but responding late is better than responding negatively.
    • Use humor. People enjoy a company with a personality and a good sense of humor. You'll build a following faster and recover from negative reviews/comments easier if you're funny.
    • Providing a lot of information about your business on social media also helps prevent issues, because it sets the right expectations.

All of these things can help grow your business. And even if that's not how you get most of your customers, it can make a considerable contribution to your success and retention.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Retired
    Not applicable

The best tactics I've used and seen others use are:

Posting Behavior:

• Post 1-2 times a day, mostly short posts with a lot of images.
    • Post manually vs using a social media management app.
    • Cross post, but change it up a bit for each platform so it's not too redundant for people who follow you on multiple platforms.
    • Schedule your posts., keeping in mind the prime posting times for each social media platform.

Damage Control:

• Be responsive when someone posts a negative review or comment, and in your response be understanding & make it your goal to find common ground.
    • Delay responding if you're angry, or have someone else do it for you. I know, I just said be responsive, but responding late is better than responding negatively.
    • Use humor. People enjoy a company with a personality and a good sense of humor. You'll build a following faster and recover from negative reviews/comments easier if you're funny.
    • Providing a lot of information about your business on social media also helps prevent issues, because it sets the right expectations.

All of these things can help grow your business. And even if that's not how you get most of your customers, it can make a considerable contribution to your success and retention.

View solution in original post