• How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Facebook Pixel In Website Builder Worthless

There is apparently no Facebook "conversion" tracking pixel in the new Website Builder.  The Facebook pixel is limited to only home page visits.  In order to track sales conversions Facebook requires an additional snippet of coding to be added to this pixel...this is not possible for the website owner to do on the Website Builder platform...  Therefore, when you set up a Facebook ad for "conversions" Facebook cannot match the best "conversion" oriented customers to send to your page. Facebook will send unqualified traffic to the site, visitors that will be known for liking pages or leaving comments but not converting to sales.  This renders the Facebook pixel useless for scaling advertising and driving sales, which is the whole point of owning an Ecommerce website! Why even add the Facebook pixel?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Community Manager

@GPS101. Sorry for the confusion. The thread is quite old and was originally started before we offered the Pixel integration that is now in the builder. An alternative method was provided by another community member within the thread (using the HTML section) that other users seem to have had success with. We only just recently released the integration that is available within the builder and our devs are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
    Community Manager

Hi @GPS101. Welcome to GoDaddy Community! 

I understand your frustration. This is actually an issue we're aware of. You can watch for updates on this thread. Thanks in advance for your patience. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

By the looks of the thread you linked, the Facebook pixel issue has been going on since May 2017. I purchased this product in January 2018 and at the time of purchase I was not made aware of the on-going issues with the Facebook pixel. This has been going on for almost a year and you're asking me to be patient? I've spent a large sum of money, time and effort in marketing this website only to find out GoDaddy sold me a product that wasn't as claimed. For how long you expect me to be patient?

Yes, my frustration is very high. This is the busiest time of year for our products, we don't have time to build another website from scratch and we can't use the Website Builder as advertised now unless this issue is addressed immediately... which apparently it won't be.

So, look us up, we've trusted GoDaddy with our businesses for many years and have spent a considerable amount of money with your company... what are you going to do for us now GoDaddy? 

Community Manager

@GPS101. Sorry for the confusion. The thread is quite old and was originally started before we offered the Pixel integration that is now in the builder. An alternative method was provided by another community member within the thread (using the HTML section) that other users seem to have had success with. We only just recently released the integration that is available within the builder and our devs are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

View solution in original post