• GoDaddy Community
  • How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Google Search Console Verification With Website Builder

1. Here's a quote from Google Search Console: "Verify using GoDaddy.com verification tool in 3 easy steps."
      I see how it's done after Manage Hosting but how is it done, let alone easy, using Website Builder?

2. I've got a home page http://www.perthbalustrading.com/welcome-1.html  
      That's awful for SEO. Nearly as bad as a "dirty URL" or since it has a number in it, maybe it is a "dirty URL".  I tried changing it to /index but that didn't hold. How can I fix the home page URL?

1 REPLY 1
    Community Manager

Hi @balustrade. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! In regard to your first point, if you're trying to verify a Website Builder site with Google, you'll need to try the DNS verification method that they offer. That usually requires that you add a specific record to the domain's zone file so Google can verify you own the site. You can see this article for information about managing DNS records.

For the second issue, file names are usually generated when the site is published. To try to fix this issue, here's what I'd suggest:

1. Copy your welcome page and name it something else. 
    2. Publish.
    3. Go back and delete the original welcome page. (Since this is your home page, you'll have to make another page the homepage before you can delete it.)
    4. Update the copied page to "welcome". You can also set it as your home page. 
    5. Publish again.

Doing the above (in my experience) should result in the welcome page having the welcome.html file name. Hope that helps.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.