Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Home Page is not ranking but internal pages are ranking

Hello Guys,

I heard few good reviews about Godaddy community so posting my question here. Expecting positive response...

My website: https://www.idahoseptictanks.com home page is not ranking but internal pages are ranking on Google. This domain is 16 months old domain and website is optimized, that's why internal pages are ranking. Unique content, no errors on Google search console or Bing webmaster tools.

Thanks, waiting for suggestions now...

Share useful information & make use of internet properly!
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ankushkohli 

I understand. 😉   My approach is always a process of elimination.  You eliminate the obvious issues and then you can go from there.  The issues in the report I ran are issues that can impact rankings.  

With that said, how your site is coded, the platform it is on and so many other things can also be an issue.  That would require a forensic of review of your server, coding, software, error logs and much more than can be done via forum advice.

If you ever figure it out, let us know what you find as that may help others in the same situation, okay?  😉

Judith
    "Good things happen to those who hustle." ~ Anaïs Nin

3 REPLIES 3
    Muse
    Super User II

@ankushkohli 

This is where intuitive and consistent navigation comes into play.   Every page on your site can be a doorway in, we then want to make sure that from there, visitors can find what they are looking for.

Each page stands on its own, right?  So if your homepage is not ranking it could be for so many reasons -- from coding, performance, SEO (over-optimization is not a good thing either) to your competition being better structured with more expertise, authority and trust (E-A-T).  

Start by running your homepage through GTMetrix.com.  You'll see there is room for improvement.  Right now you have a D and your site is loading in 8.1 seconds.  That should be an A with 2-3 seconds max.  

The first step is eliminating these known issues and making the your homepage zippy.  Then see if that makes any impact.  

HTH! 😉

Judith

Thanks @Muse for replying. I really appreciate that you actually looked the website.

Pagespeed is no doubt important but it should be a limited impact. I see many webpages rank on first page on competitive keywords, having 10/100 on mobile and 50/100 on desktop. Can provide samples if required. It doesn't mean that it's not important as I said. Earlier my website score was 20/100 however we've increased this score on mobile as-well-as desktop.

There would be something more that's missing. We're just trying the figure that out instead of trying anything.

Share useful information & make use of internet properly!

@ankushkohli 

I understand. 😉   My approach is always a process of elimination.  You eliminate the obvious issues and then you can go from there.  The issues in the report I ran are issues that can impact rankings.  

With that said, how your site is coded, the platform it is on and so many other things can also be an issue.  That would require a forensic of review of your server, coding, software, error logs and much more than can be done via forum advice.

If you ever figure it out, let us know what you find as that may help others in the same situation, okay?  😉

Judith