• How to Market Your Business
  • How to Market Your Business

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted

How do I get my home page name and image to display properly on Facebook?

I want to promote my site on Facebook, but when it pulls in the site, it just says "Home" and a random image from the page. The name of the Home page is Limbert Travel. I want it and my logo or some actual image to appear. What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    New
    Solution

Re: How do I get my home page name and image to display properly on Facebook?

When FaceBook fetches your URL home page it grabs the top most pic. It may not be the one you want people to see. To fix this you can upload your graphic and a short description along with your url. OR

To solve this issue or problem and to allow Facebook pull the exact image or images of your web pages or blog posts, Facebook requires you to set up its own social media tags or meta tags in the source code of your web pages or blog posts, which is called “Facebook Open Graph”. Facebook Open Graph meta tags allow Facebook to read the source code of your web pages or blog posts and their properties like: Title, Description, Image or Images etc. and most importantly instruct Facebook which Title, Description, Image or images to pick. Besides, implementing Facebook Open Graph meta tags not only solve this issue, but also increase your Facebook traffic as well. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Helper V

What do you have for the title in your home page? Probably the title is "Home". Change the title.

As for the rules determining what image that Facebook uses, you will probably get better help from Facebook.

Highlighted
    New
    Solution

When FaceBook fetches your URL home page it grabs the top most pic. It may not be the one you want people to see. To fix this you can upload your graphic and a short description along with your url. OR

To solve this issue or problem and to allow Facebook pull the exact image or images of your web pages or blog posts, Facebook requires you to set up its own social media tags or meta tags in the source code of your web pages or blog posts, which is called “Facebook Open Graph”. Facebook Open Graph meta tags allow Facebook to read the source code of your web pages or blog posts and their properties like: Title, Description, Image or Images etc. and most importantly instruct Facebook which Title, Description, Image or images to pick. Besides, implementing Facebook Open Graph meta tags not only solve this issue, but also increase your Facebook traffic as well. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    New

I did some more reasearch on this FB issue. if you have a WordPress Blog you can download a plug that will fix this issue. I not sure I can post the plugin download link here. So search google for: Facebook Open Graph wp plugin

Highlighted

Forwarded domain- Facebook shows old preview

I change my domain forwarding at least once a month. This latest time, it continues to show the cover art from the previous forwarded location. Its been well over a week. Im not sure what to call this problem as its mostly related to when I post my domain to Facebook (groups, pages, chats, etc)

Im trying to post a screen shot but it seems I dont know how to do that either...