cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper I

SEO Not working

I have been using Go Central for over a year now and have used the SEO feature. It tells me that my Page 1 Ranks 2. I have used the SEO tool and it says everything is great! Yet..when I try to do a page rank search on my site I get N/A for my page rank.

The reason is this they say:

IMPORTANTN/A (not available) - it is not possible to show any pagerank now.

The N/A pagerank (grey pagerank bar) might be due to one of the following reasons:

(1) the web page is new, and it is not indexed by Google yet,
    (2) the web page is indexed by Google, but it is not ranked yet,
    (3) the web page was indexed by Google long ago, but it is recognised
         as a supplemental (Supplemental Results) page,
    (4) the web page or the whole website is banned by Google.

Why is Go Central's SEO not working for me??

My site is receiving very few hits too..very frustrating!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: SEO Not working

@Digitell

Wow -- you are sooooooooooo *very* talented! 😉

Okay, so I looked at your site and a few things stood out.

=> No "About" page.  This is an opportunity to talk about who you are, what you do and why you do it.  You want to write a page, in the first person with a photo (or two or three) of you -- and sharing a bit of personal information.  This helps to humanize the person behind the site and contribute to your trust factor.  People like doing business with people they feel they know and can trust. Being you are in an extremely competitive market the only difference is *you* -- use that to your advantage!

=> I would removed the View My Stats link on the bottom of your pages.

=> Make social media more prominent instead of only at the bottom of your Contact page.   Social media is a huge part of gaining exposure for your site and folks may never see those links. I was surprised to see you don't have Instagram and Pinterest accounts which are great for visuals.  And, you have to be more active!  (I'm with ya #SaveLucifer! ;))

=>  Next, start a Blog.  Start writing about your projects, what inspires you and share your creative journey.  This will take your site beyond just being brochureware which you are now.  Having a blog gives folks an opportunity to subscribe, see your ongoing work and have you be front-of-mind if they need your talent.

Getting found among the cacophony of sites is something every site owner struggles with.   It take a long time and a lot of consistent effort to build awareness and exposure.  Online just isn't a build it and they will come -- you're lucky if you get found -- and adding some "SEO" is only one piece of a very large puzzle.

For example "Cover Design and Illustration" pulls 705,000,000 results on Google. For a new site to crack the first couple of pages of those results will have to be something really special -- or better than what is already ranked.  

You'll want to do some keyword research and determine the top handful of phrases you believe that folks looking for what you have to offer will use to find you.  Then, integrate those and versions thereof throughout the site.  If you can carve out a niche to target (fantasy characters?) that narrows things down and makes your SEO efforts more focused.

I have a ton of helpful articles on my site about marketing, social media and SEO/SEM that you can use to learn and guide you moving forward.   Read, learn and try new things -- do whatever you have to so that you stand out from the rest and can build a following!

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "If you think you dare not, you don’t.." ~ Napoleon Hill

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Super User I

@Digitell

So many questions to your questions! 😉

How are you doing a "page rank search"?     Just because you've used the "SEO feature" that doesn't in of itself guarantee any relevant rankings.

SEO isn't about using a tool and then things happen.  SEO is an ongoing consistent effort to offer great content/products that are optimized so that Google and other search engines know what your page is about.  And there are over 200 variables in the big G's algo that determines how or even if you are ranked.  Just adding some keywords here and there is just the beginning...

Did you get your site setup in Google Webmaster Console and get your site verified?  If not do that right away.

What is your URL?  I'll be happy to take a peak! 😉

Judith

Highlighted
    Helper I

Hi,

Thank you for responding. Yes, I have set my Google Webmaster Console.

I did a search for Page Rank and entered my website address to see how I rank in pages on Google and it told me my site was N/A. 

Here I thought that using SEO helped get you better results when people search for things you offer.

My Website url is https://digitelldesign.net

Thank you again for replying and for trying to help!

Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

@Digitell

Wow -- you are sooooooooooo *very* talented! 😉

Okay, so I looked at your site and a few things stood out.

=> No "About" page.  This is an opportunity to talk about who you are, what you do and why you do it.  You want to write a page, in the first person with a photo (or two or three) of you -- and sharing a bit of personal information.  This helps to humanize the person behind the site and contribute to your trust factor.  People like doing business with people they feel they know and can trust. Being you are in an extremely competitive market the only difference is *you* -- use that to your advantage!

=> I would removed the View My Stats link on the bottom of your pages.

=> Make social media more prominent instead of only at the bottom of your Contact page.   Social media is a huge part of gaining exposure for your site and folks may never see those links. I was surprised to see you don't have Instagram and Pinterest accounts which are great for visuals.  And, you have to be more active!  (I'm with ya #SaveLucifer! ;))

=>  Next, start a Blog.  Start writing about your projects, what inspires you and share your creative journey.  This will take your site beyond just being brochureware which you are now.  Having a blog gives folks an opportunity to subscribe, see your ongoing work and have you be front-of-mind if they need your talent.

Getting found among the cacophony of sites is something every site owner struggles with.   It take a long time and a lot of consistent effort to build awareness and exposure.  Online just isn't a build it and they will come -- you're lucky if you get found -- and adding some "SEO" is only one piece of a very large puzzle.

For example "Cover Design and Illustration" pulls 705,000,000 results on Google. For a new site to crack the first couple of pages of those results will have to be something really special -- or better than what is already ranked.  

You'll want to do some keyword research and determine the top handful of phrases you believe that folks looking for what you have to offer will use to find you.  Then, integrate those and versions thereof throughout the site.  If you can carve out a niche to target (fantasy characters?) that narrows things down and makes your SEO efforts more focused.

I have a ton of helpful articles on my site about marketing, social media and SEO/SEM that you can use to learn and guide you moving forward.   Read, learn and try new things -- do whatever you have to so that you stand out from the rest and can build a following!

HTH! 😉

Judith

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Helper I

Hi Judith!

Thank you so very much for your kind words! And thank you for taking the time to look over my site and write me all these helpful suggestions! Obviously I need help! I will work on your suggestions and take a look at your site.

I tried to create an Instagram account at one time, but I didnt see anywhere to create an account from my PC. I have read that it is only for mobile phones to use; I really dont use my phone much. I am horrible at texting with my old fingers!

I will look into it again and I will look at Pinterest too.

YES...#SaveLucifer! Love that show and hate to see it cancelled. I have to have my weekly Luci fix!!

I use StatCounter and when I put their code into my site, that "View My Stats" shows at the bottom and I have no idea how to fix that. I will look deeper and see if I can figure it out.

Thank you again SO VERY MUCH on your help and time!

Have a great day!! 🙂

Christina