cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you a writer? Contribute to the GoDaddy Garage!

Did you know that GoDaddy has a blog? It's called the GoDaddy Garage, and it's packed full of articles for small business owners and web professionals.

We're always on the lookout for new guest writers to feature on the site, so if you're interested in contributing (and have some writing to show us -- including posts you've made here on the forums), just fill out the new application form:

Write for the GoDaddy Garage

Have any questions? Reply to this post and I'll answer what I can. Smiley Happy

~*~

6 REPLIES 6
Helper II

Re: Are you a writer? Contribute to the GoDaddy Garage!

I love to write, and I like the articles on the Garage. But ... they want three writing samples without answering the WIIFM question. So after completing the first page, and writing a superb "short paragraph" bio, Man Surprised I closed the web page.

On top of all that, the form says if you're not good enough, don't expect a reply. The nerve! Man Mad

Nonetheless, I appreciate the suggestion Andy. Man Happy

Mark

WIIFM = What's in it for me?

sarcasm? who, me? Man LOL

Mark D Worthen PsyD
Clinical-Forensic Psychology
Community Manager
Community Manager

mdwpsyd wrote:

On top of all that, the form says if you're not good enough, don't expect a reply. The nerve! Man Mad

It says that we're not able to respond to all submissions. Smiley Happy Just setting expectations.

~*~

Helper II

Very fair point.

My sarcasm sometimes goes a bit too far... Robot Embarassed

Mark D Worthen PsyD
Clinical-Forensic Psychology
Helper V

Thank you, but the background images in the Garage are distracting and the navigation is confusing. It looks nice visually but functionally .... well I need to stop here.

I have my own web site. I am sorry, but I can't think of anything that the GoDaddy Garage might be more appropriate for. I will try to come up with something.

Helper V

Mister psychologist, the world needs you desperately. People don't know how to solve social problems. People need to know what maturity is. Perhaps I should write an article on the need for guidance in the world.

You probably think I am making an off-topic rant. Let me get this on-topic. The relevant area I am trying to describe is things like forums and discussion groups. There is a huge need for people to be guided in a better direction. Moderators of forums and discussion groups are in desperate need for guidance. I see problems everywhere I go in groups and such.

The WIIFM question is important. Beyond making the world a better, more peaceful place, I don't know the answer. All I know is that the world needs it desperately and helping people to understand how to interact more appropriately in forums and groups can really help.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@SamHobbs & @mdwpsyd

Thanks so much for your feedback! It's great for you to take the time to let us know what you think. I know @Andy will take into consideration some of your points as he continues to work on enhancing the Garage content and process for submission. 

Rachel