cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Bulk Privacy Discount

I know, you have heard this over and over but I am going to say it again. For long-time customers it is frustrating and tempting to register your domain name elsewhere. I have 280+ domains. I would like to use privacy on EVERY ONE. But do the math - not going to spend 9.99 or even 7.99 for each one, every year That is too much.

I used a coupon and did not realize if I did, I would NEVER be allowed to use a coupon again for privacy. Had I known, I would have renewed every single domain for 10 years and added privacy at that time.

I am about to register another 10-20 domains and for the first time in a long time, I am looking at other domain registrars that have deals going on.

Yes, I have discount domain club - but it does NOTHING to discount the privacy.

BIG BUMMER HERE GO DADDY - You are making me look at other companies and I have been with you since the beginning.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Bulk Privacy Discount

@PortsideMkt wrote:

I know, you have heard this over and over but I am going to say it again. For long-time customers it is frustrating and tempting to register your domain name elsewhere. I have 280+ domains. I would like to use privacy on EVERY ONE. But do the math - not going to spend 9.99 or even 7.99 for each one, every year That is too much.

I used a coupon and did not realize if I did, I would NEVER be allowed to use a coupon again for privacy. Had I known, I would have renewed every single domain for 10 years and added privacy at that time.

I am about to register another 10-20 domains and for the first time in a long time, I am looking at other domain registrars that have deals going on.

Yes, I have discount domain club - but it does NOTHING to discount the privacy.

BIG BUMMER HERE GO DADDY - You are making me look at other companies and I have been with you since the beginning.

@PortsideMkt Domain privacy is a privilege and most registrars charge for it. If you are looking for a registrar that offers free privacy I believe NameCheap offers that service.

--

I did not want it for free, I was just voicing concern that when you have 280+ domains, a discount would be nice - like what we get with the Discount Domain Club.

Super User II
Super User II

@PortsideMkt wrote:

I did not want it for free, I was just voicing concern that when you have 280+ domains, a discount would be nice - like what we get with the Discount Domain Club.

@PortsideMkt I understand what you're saying, I own over 2,000 domains and have bought/sold probably over 12,000 over the past 12 years. It may be important to know that the only way people can get your contact info now is if they go to Godaddy's page and use their whois which requires captcha. Godaddy no longer allows Port 43 whois lookups which is where most spam comes from.

---