cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Business model innovation for your consulting business

Would love your feedback on a new article I wrote on an innovation in business modeling for consulting/agencies.  It's published by ManageWP.com

Here's how the article starts:

Website care plans (aka web maintenance plans) are one of the standard business models chosen by web professionals today. With a website care plan customers have access to part-time web professionals who ensure their websites are running in top shape. In this article I will extend website care plans way beyond their current scope and make a case for business success plans.

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4 REPLIES 4
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

Re: Business model innovation for your consulting business

Outstanding, Alex - what a great resource!

As old Ben said "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!

Thanks for sharing!

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks @Muse ! What did you think of the approach to recurring revenue model? Do you see any flaws in the approach we are taking?

"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

No flaws that I can see... you are clearly targeting a different client base than I work with.   The structure makes total sense and actually is a fair (on the cheap side IMHO) pricing model for the amount of work involved.

Judith
"Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Thanks @Muse - because I am targeting the SMB audience of organizations that regularly don't have an IT staffer I can't charge at the high end as much as it would be to hire someone full time. So I am bounded by about 60-70k per year. At the high end it ends up being about $20k per year which is actually quite affordable by many organizations.

The recurring nature is something most organizations only realize the value after they try it and can't live without. Thanks again!