cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Give people time to provide feedback before closing the thread

So I wrote about my website being deleted by godaddy.  An admin replied to my post, then marked his answer as the solution before I could provide any feedback. 

Supposedly I will receive an email from customer service when they verify the product was on end of life.

We are all human and mistakes happen.  It is not the mistake that matters but how it is dealt with that does. 

Interacting with godaddy tends to leave a salty taste.  It could be more pleasant and the optics of closing a thread to comment/feedback before any could be provided is bad.

FYI

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Re: Give people time to provide feedback before closing the thread

@AaronS  I understand you are in a frustrating situation and I hope your community experience does not add to it.  If a post answers the question it's marked as a solution, this should not be misconstrued to mean the problem has been fixed.  There is not a set time frame to close topics, it's done when it seems the conversation is complete to keep things organized and avoid being diverted into unrelated subjects.

Unfortunately the answer for your situation is to work directly with support, if there's still a possibility to rollback your website they would be the only people who could do it.

Helper V

@AaronS   My kudo is broken or I'd kudo you. I absolutely agree. They should not be closing threads until ample response time has been given.

I don't believe the thread should be closed until the issue is completed. So, for instance, if people are asking for a feature that isn't available yet, the community needs to be able to chime in on it and how they'd like to see it work (or not work) during the update process. Then once it's rolled out, it should remain open for a period in order for the community to give feedback after using it.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey @AaronS. Thanks for the feedback. I've reopened the post in question if you'd like to make follow up comments. We typically do leave posts open to give topic participants the opportunity to follow up. It looks like there was a miscommunication on our end and one of our moderators closed the post early. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.