cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy Forcing Email Password Changes on Short Notice

So GoDaddy just sent me an email saying I have to change all employee email passwords by 12/22.  I have over 300 email users scattered across the state of Texas that I manage single handed.  The time it will take to just change the passwords on the server is one thing but then I have to remote into systems, send out email, document changes, etc.  This is completely un-workable and unacceptable!  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: GoDaddy Forcing Email Password Changes on Short Notice

Has there been some massive hack that they're keeping quiet? It does seem very knee-jerk to give 48 hour notice to complete this action.

I have many fewer to deal with but this is going to cause issues getting things done in time, particularly as I have an unavoidable meeting booked for 12 hours of the day!

I have since been informed that the deadline has been extended to January 15th.  (just what I have been told)  I've estimated that the cost to my clients (those I manage email for) will be over $2000.  That makes it fairly comparable to the cost of moving everyone to a new hosting service.  

New

I'm in the same boat. I talked with a upper level supervisor and gave them an earful. Whoever decided this has no idea how things work in the real world.