cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy Needs to Get It Together

I understand that GoDaddy is a huge corporation (at least, seemingly) but, you guys are a PREMIUM service provider. You guys do understand that there's companies out there that offer all your services, cheaper. So, by choosing GoDaddy, I knowingly know I'm paying more EXPECTING better. But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out WHAT you guys do better other than spend my money on MARKETING rather than staffing so that you can work out all these **bleep** kinks.

My Grievances:

• What is up with having to log-in when I'm already logged in? It's INFURIATING. You have a checkbox that says Keep me Logged In. It may as well say "What's the online equivalent to bubble wrap paper? Checkboxes, like this one, 'cause it's sure doesn't do anything."

• Live 24/7 Help if you have 20 mins to wait around, and Live Chat? Who do you think we are? GoDaddy? I'm no expert, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that there's somebody with a nice corner office who's job is to monitor the amount of Customer support tickets (calls and all that jazz), and staff accordingly. But that guy (or girl) is more than likely busy doing bumps with Janice from accounting. She's always got the good stuff, that Janice. Average wait time for support: 17 minutes. AM or PM, day or night, count on premium waiting times, 'cause our LIVE CHAT isn't ever on. Listen, we get it that you save a lot of resources by having the community forum answer most questions: BUT UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO THE UBER OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT, ITS NOT ON US TO HANDLE SUPPORT, THAT'S YOUR GIG. And if Joan from Roanoke works for GoDaddy, why doesn't she GET ON LIVE CHAT if she has time to copy and paste from the solutions handbook

And, just because this is fresh on my mind: IF I WAITED 25 MINS TO TALK TO A REP, AND THE CALL DROPS WHILE I'M HOLDING FOR HER TO FIGURE SOMETHING OUT, WHAT ON EARTH PREVENTS THE REP FROM CALLING ME BACK? It's not like we have a CRM with every customer support technicians extention number and/or email address in front of us, but you do, so I dunno, would it be crazy to think it's probably easier for you to give us a callback?
  • Why isn't there a single page where you can see all GoDaddy services/products, including add on's and upgrades so that I can get what I need the first time and not have to hunt for it later? Where, for example, can you purchase additional Dedicated IPs? Or is that not considered a product/add-on worthy of your products page?
  • YOU WANT MY MONEY, BUT SERIOUSLY, THE NOTIFICATIONS AND RED EXCLAMATION MARKS ALL OVER MANAGE MY PRODUCTS PAGE IS SO ANNOYING AND TACKY. It is not an emergency, so why are you giving me a red alert icon only to see that the goddamn thing is fine and it's scheduled to renew next month or next year LIKE I SET IT TO. Why do you want me to renew earlier? So you can remind me to renew my renewal?

• Your RESELLER PLAN, not the Affiliate one, or the Reseller API, I mean the one that cost a bunch of money. IT BLOWS. In my life, I've never experienced a more misleading investment.

• Pre-purchase documentation doesn't even hint how USELESS it is. You're basically paying for all the "free value add/ons" that you guys "include for free". There's not thing else but a edited plugin and a template website with your URL and your phone number on it.
    • The WordPress plugin just sits there and create products but doesn't offer any explanation as to where you place them.

• You can't edit or customize your own pre-built store you guys "slaved over" for me, well aside from the cheesy hero image and logo.

• You can't change or mask the URL of the Reseller store.L. I'm supposed to point to a website who's url looks like: secureserver.con/P?89892734y829 ... AGAIN, who put this together?
1 REPLY 1

Re: GoDaddy Needs to Get It Together

Hi there @rliranzo. Thanks for taking the time to post this and be a part of the GoDaddy Community. Smiley Happy

I am so sorry to hear that you've had an unpleasant experience with our support team and our products. Quality of support and products is something that we take great pride in and this definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want customers to have. We will have your feedback forwarded on to improve how things are done. We're always looking for ways to get better and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.