cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II

Switching from Rich Text to HTML

Several times when I have started typing in Rich Text I have switched to HTML to add something like blockquote tags, but when I try to switch back to Rich Text I lose everything. Or, sometimes when I switch back to Rich Text, it's got all the HTML code (which appears if I post as-is).

Another reason to use established forum software like phpBB... Man Wink

Mark D Worthen PsyD
Clinical-Forensic Psychology
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Re: Switching from Rich Text to HTML

@mdwpsyd wrote:

Several times when I have started typing in Rich Text I have switched to HTML to add something like blockquote tags, but when I try to switch back to Rich Text I lose everything. Or, sometimes when I switch back to Rich Text, it's got all the HTML code (which appears if I post as-is).

Thanks for flagging, @mdwpsyd. We're aware of the issue and are working on it. Robot Happy

~*~

---
Content & Community, GoDaddy Pro
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Find me on Twitter, LinkedIn and my personal blog.
Browse my articles for web professionals on the GoDaddy Blog.
Do you build websites for others? Join the GoDaddy Pro partner program.
Highlighted
Helper V

Yes, the HTML tab is very buggy and that is very irritating. A work-around that I use is to edit using a separate HTML editor then copy from there and paste to here but that does not work for Microsoft Edge (unless maybe if we use a technical trick that is too complicated to explain here).

Yes, this HTML editor is among the most primitive of choices.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdwpsyd & @SamHobbs,

Please let me know if you're still seeing these issues! We recently put in a fix. Thanks!

Rachel

RachelM - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.