cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II

Switching from Rich Text to HTML

Several times when I have started typing in Rich Text I have switched to HTML to add something like blockquote tags, but when I try to switch back to Rich Text I lose everything. Or, sometimes when I switch back to Rich Text, it's got all the HTML code (which appears if I post as-is).

Another reason to use established forum software like phpBB... Man Wink

Mark D Worthen PsyD
Clinical-Forensic Psychology
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Switching from Rich Text to HTML

@mdwpsyd wrote:

Several times when I have started typing in Rich Text I have switched to HTML to add something like blockquote tags, but when I try to switch back to Rich Text I lose everything. Or, sometimes when I switch back to Rich Text, it's got all the HTML code (which appears if I post as-is).

Thanks for flagging, @mdwpsyd. We're aware of the issue and are working on it. Robot Happy

~*~

Helper V

Yes, the HTML tab is very buggy and that is very irritating. A work-around that I use is to edit using a separate HTML editor then copy from there and paste to here but that does not work for Microsoft Edge (unless maybe if we use a technical trick that is too complicated to explain here).

Yes, this HTML editor is among the most primitive of choices.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdwpsyd & @SamHobbs,

Please let me know if you're still seeing these issues! We recently put in a fix. Thanks!

Rachel