cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate VI Advocate VI
Advocate VI

Timeout for no activity seems pretty quick, and then it's cumbersome to log back in

So now that I've been using this for a week, I've gotten into the habit of opening the community in a new browser tab so I can jump back in and check it every so often. This has been especially helpful as I've had a few conversations via forum now, where the other person is responding fairy quickly (within an hour or even less). And also because I'm nosy and want to see if new stuff has been posted as the intro meetings proceed this week.

If I have not actually clicked on anything for a while (and "while" is not that long), I get logged out. I can still see the community page, and the green bar at the top shows my name, implying I am still logged into GoDaddy at some level. But the "settings" section has disappeared. The only way to get it back seems to be to log out (again, from the green bar dropdown), and then it takes me to the GoDaddy home page, so I have to re-enter the community URL, and then log in again.

When I do log in, there is a box to check that says "keep me logged in" so it is apparently keeping me logged into GoDaddy, just not to the Community.

Wondering if there is a way to just force the login credentials again from within the Community page, without forcing a logout from GoDaddy, and re-entering the Community URL.

UPDATE, an hour later... now when I get auto-logged out, there is a yellow bar with a message/link allowing me to log back in. Wondering if that coincidentally was implemented right after I posted this! I still suspect that the force-re-login time is still too short, as it seemed to be far less than an hour (as I was just in here to comment on something else maybe 30 minutes ago).

And the white text over a yellow box is not really easy to read...

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Timeout for no activity seems pretty quick, and then it's cumbersome to log back in

Thanks Lisa. I've updated the Bug Squashing post with this issue. 🙂

Re: Timeout for no activity seems pretty quick, and then it's cumbersome to log back in

I'm having the same issues with Quick Shopping cart. By the time i get an order packed and ready to ship it's already saying.. you have 60seconds before you will be logged out. I have never been able to log back in from the log in screen so I always have to go back to my account, shopping cart, then reload everything. It doesn't look like a lot of traction here but wanted to add my two cents. 

Same problem here. I am modifying DNS records a few times each day and every time I have to log in. No other website I use does this. I have 2-factor enabled and am on a private computer, I shouldn't need to re-log every hour! 

Hey @garrett9044zzzz,

Think your issue is different from the discussion here about timeouts within the forum. However, I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our developers that can look into this for future updates to the DNS manager. 

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support