cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Why can't your 24/7 support be 24/7?

It's just ironic how you have "Still need help? Chat with our award-winning support team" and yet "Chat agents are currently unavailable." You don't even have ticket system to report problems. No emails that we can send to. Calls cannot be made as well. JUST WHY????!!!

Also my problem about having errors such as "site cannot be reached" and "the connection was reset" after clicking the update button on editing a page/post and even installing a plugin. I have talked to 4 of your chat support and each one said different causes of problem, 1st one was it's because of server issues and it will be fixed within 24-72 hours, 2nd guy said it's the wordpress itself, 3rd one said again it was server issue and offered to move us to linux hosting but that would be additional expense, 4th one couldn't identify the problem. It just suck that it was working fine and suddenly I had this problem. It has been 2 weeks and it's not resolved. NOW I just want a refund of what I paid for the hosting but your website's too hard to find any email that we can send our problems. Can't even see the link for refund. 

regards,

VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

P.S I just browsed to the community and I only see 2/5 replied for every problem. WHY?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Former Employee

Hi @yassarbabu, this is a good question which many can benefit from. As @Heather indicated, we are rapidly expanding our international support and may have more options for you in the future. However, in the meantime, I have a couple of other possible suggestions to offer along with hers.

First, you may want to make use of our extensive help articles online to answer or help formulate your questions, so that you spend a minimum of time or money getting the answer(s) you want. I personally find about half of the questions I'm asked already have an online solution posted at - http://help.godaddy.com

Second, having traveled through the area (albeit some years ago) I made extensive use of calling cards which leverage VOIP (Voice-over-IP) and international fiber optic technology to offer relatively low rates on international calls, sometimes for a few cents a minute. Some are charged per minute from call initiation, others charge a small connection fee and less per minute once connected. Check locally at the convenience or specialty store for your best current options.

Also (and this does require some checking with your service provider) cell phones always offered me better rates than the land lines in the hotels or at internet cafes. I believe this is because they evolved more recently and therefore use the newer systems and technology infrastructures. Sometimes an inexpensive adjustment to your calling plan can get you a windfall of international access or minutes. All you need to do is let them know where you're calling and how often.

As I say, it's been a few years, but you may find a solution in one or more of these suggestions.

I wish you well.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

15 REPLIES 15

No one reads these comments except us `cause if they did we wouldn't be repeating the same issues over and over again.  In other words, they'd have to comment back.  It's more a page for the cheerful to the disgruntled, to let steam off .... less cheerful than the other.   Bottomline, it's about money.  They say 24/7 because that's what "we" want to hear, except some companies mean what they say.  There's nothing they're gonna do about. 

The best I can recommend is use the chat line when available.  It's easier here than trying to get government information, or tax or insurance info. as we've all experienced we're hung up on several times and have to go through the same process until we demand in a diplomatic way and articulately to get the information we need.  

Also one gets more with sugar than pepper. 

I, but 45% like Godaddy.  I've never recommended them as I've had too many problems.  But I'm not about to start with a new co. while still paying GoDaddy for the use of my domain name.  I'm a gr8 guy and I've never lost my cool, on the other side of that, "they" have lost their cool as they are so tired of going over and over the same matters at hand which I can understand.     So I ask for their supervisor which with some they give me the information in a nasty tone.  What are ya gonna do?  Ya get what ya pay for.  When ya pay top dollar, "They" put their words into action--and, too, the team members are paid very, very well.  
This image represents how I feel at times after the chat is over.  

Hey @learn2earncash@jasperKIRK,

@learn2earncash wrote:

.... P.S I just browsed to the community and I only see 2/5 replied for every problem. WHY?

To clarify, this is a community forum for open discussions with other members sharing information with each other. We try to assist with issues if we can, but this is not a regular support channel. 

That said, our phone teams are the ones available 24/7. If you're needing direct assistance with your account you can call. If you would prefer chat, they're only available Mon-Fri 5AM - 6PM (UTC-7). When they're in, the buttons will appear on the top or bottom of this page for you to start a session. 

If you'd like other members here in the community to assist, you may want to search for or start a new topic in a discussion group related to your specific issue. We have many knowledgeable members who are happy to assist if you can describe the specific errors being encountered.

CG - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

Hello!

Please, i need someone to help me in understanding why GoDaddy offers 24/7 phone support and not 24/7 live chat support.

We all know that technical problems can not be explained on the phone. I never managed to find the live chat support online anyway although i have been a customer for so many years. Not to mention that the live chat support is only available in limited regions for limited number of hours as far as i know.

For the last years, i have hired independent technicians to solve my problems since the GoDaddy only offers phone call support which makes it impossible to explain any technical problem. (e.g. How can I "paste" codes or errors on the phone?).

Is there a way or hope at least in getting a live chat support for customers? or we need to hang around forums like this and ask questions to other community members to get our technical questions solved?

Actually, I find the phone support at GoDaddy to be excellent, with very short wait times. If I need to send a link or screenshot, the person on the phone sends me an email, and I can reply to them. 

I call them pretty often, given how many sites I manage here. This has never been an issue.

Of course it would be nice to have 24/7 chat as well, since clearly some customers prefer that -- but I would not rule out phone support on the assumption that you can't communicate electronically at the same time, once you have the person on the phone. 

this is a logical response, but reveals more idiocracy.   once on the phone (being submitted to enduring on-hold time) then electronic support can be extended via email or other methods, but not before?  

i've worked tech  support desks before, as well as managed them.   this is not efficient for GoDaddy or the  customers.  

submitting an email, or using a form submission to open new tickets would prevent on-hold times, relieve pressure from the support staff to rush customers off the phone due to stacking calls in the queue, and  allow for a more strategic appointment of  time between the customer and the support technicians. 

if they are willing to give us an email address to send error codes to once on  the phone, then there should be no issue with having a support inbox that feeds a queue, manageable by  Zendesk or RemedyForce or  the likes (if a cloud solution was desired) or a  full fledged on-premise Remedy or Microsoft CRM or the likes if complete control of the email queue infrastructure is desired (which would make more sense for a company that actually provides cloud services... and added fuel to the fire of WHY  this nonsensical  strategy is allowed to remain in place)

it is clearly what their customers desire, it would save labor costs from unnecessary time  for support technicians for the  customers that prefer to use email  correspondence  due to allowing more  agility in the daily support schedule, save money on telco and call center solution costs due to less lines being tied up on-hold, ease anxiety from the desk  at times when the call volume is insanely high (which it has to be with that  being the only method for opening a ticket after 6PM in their specific time zone ( which  6PM their time is likely 3AM for many customers) and  allow  a  more manageable workload for service desk supervisors. 

No, i don't believe that the organization responsible for providing such a great variety of services under  one roof is doing this  on accident, due  to the overwhelming reasons to offer a way to  submit a ticket via form or email.  

The only plausible reasoning for doing this is to  minimize the amount of support cases by inconveniencing the customer.  (a tactic I am also  familiar with 1st hand, and disgusted by)

How can it be possible, that an IT service provider offers no ticket support, no contact box, no email... and even the "chat" icon that's supposed to work, does nothing! 

On top of the awful pricing system etc. this is just an additional reason to fight my way out of GoDaddy! Blergh.

Advocate VI

Have you tried calling? They do have excellent 24/7 phone support, so even if you are in a different timezone, that's not an excuse. With as many clients hosted at GD as I do have, I call quite often. Problems get solved quickly and professionally 😉

To be honest, GoDaddy.com sucks, i paid for 3 years deluxe hosting yesterday and i totally regret it, already having issues with my webmail accounts not being able to receive emails & broken SSL certificate when trying to access webmail and there's no working live chat to forward my complain to. To anyone reading this, don't host your website on godaddy, get something more reliable and don't let the fancy UI deceive you.

Regards

Another Unhappy Customer

i am trying to call this toll free it is expensive 

Hello @yassarbabu!

Welcome to the community! Right now we have phone and chat support. Chat is not available everywhere yet. We offer support phone numbers in many locations. If your country is not among them, I recommend picking the next best number and calling that one.

Heather - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Former Employee

Hi @yassarbabu, this is a good question which many can benefit from. As @Heather indicated, we are rapidly expanding our international support and may have more options for you in the future. However, in the meantime, I have a couple of other possible suggestions to offer along with hers.

First, you may want to make use of our extensive help articles online to answer or help formulate your questions, so that you spend a minimum of time or money getting the answer(s) you want. I personally find about half of the questions I'm asked already have an online solution posted at - http://help.godaddy.com

Second, having traveled through the area (albeit some years ago) I made extensive use of calling cards which leverage VOIP (Voice-over-IP) and international fiber optic technology to offer relatively low rates on international calls, sometimes for a few cents a minute. Some are charged per minute from call initiation, others charge a small connection fee and less per minute once connected. Check locally at the convenience or specialty store for your best current options.

Also (and this does require some checking with your service provider) cell phones always offered me better rates than the land lines in the hotels or at internet cafes. I believe this is because they evolved more recently and therefore use the newer systems and technology infrastructures. Sometimes an inexpensive adjustment to your calling plan can get you a windfall of international access or minutes. All you need to do is let them know where you're calling and how often.

As I say, it's been a few years, but you may find a solution in one or more of these suggestions.

I wish you well.

Thomas D. - GoDaddy | Community Moderator

A week later still outages.

Most days several outages.

The outages range from 3 minutes to 20 minutes with a 2 hour outage every two or three days. Three wordpress installs are going down. All differently configured.

Still cant get through to local support, I am in Asia and the phones drop out while waiting.

Godaddy doesn't open chat support to International subscribers. It is always offline to us.

As a test I contacted Hostgator via their free chat. First time I had a wait of 10 minutes and got through to a rep who was able to answer my questions.

Did a follow up and Hostgator rep was in chat with me within two minutes.

Two weeks later and Godaddy remains out of touch and out of focus as to the needs ... that is REQUIREMENTS ... of many international subscribers.

Michael Storer

New

Right now my website and Godaddy server is down for more than 2.5 hours and still not back up yet,,, it also happened on 24 Nov for about half an hour... what a mess Godaddy is becoming, I am regretting I continued my hosting package with them, it's really annoying.. the websites are http://www.xautoworld.com and http://uxtechplus.com on a Deluxe hosting package ! 

All phone support lines are busy and having 30 min+ wait time and Chat support is also Offline,,, where the hell do you think I should go and what to do, this downtime is damaging my website reputation SEO and Financially,,

Godaddy you have bad service, Refund my current extension payment for the hosting package and I will move to some other host... 

I have been calling customer support for four days now. Every time I wait on the line for over 30 minutes to no avail. The first time I called there was an option to schedule a callback, which I did. I got a callback after 40 minutes. After a prerecorded greeting, it put me on hold and there was no response for another 40 minutes. 40 minutes! What the hell? I had to hang up after that.

I've been unable to reach customer support for four days now. The reason I've been calling is that the website hosted on GoDaddy is down. So, yeah, it's rather urgent. I am dismayed at this absence of service. What is going on?