cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is godaddy so bad?

Is it me or are they getting worse? Can't change things, the customer service folks are stupid, can't update easily....

1 REPLY 1
Helper III

Re: why is godaddy so bad?

Hello username,

I apologize for any inconveniences you are facing; but, before we start slinging fault around the room lets try and make some acknowledgements.

GoDaddy was founded in 1997. GoDaddys main competitors are NameCheap and HostGator which offer similar services running similar backbones. Before Hosting providers came into the picture software engineers and hardware engineers had to come together to form a simple server much less capable and cost effective than the servers today. The year is 2016 and thanks to companies like GoDaddy today you can find reasonable hosting almost anywhere on the web.

The #1 complaint i hear about about GoDaddy is that their hosting is slow or crashes.

This is a common issues on all frameworks built for shared hosting, and there is no way around this except to purchase a VPN or host your own server, which is highly worth it.

The #2 complaint i hear about GoDaddy is that their customer support sucks.

I disagree, iv'e been working with GoDaddy since i first started my software engineering career and i have never been left unsatisfied, but then again iv'e never had an issue that i couldn't figure out. A good rule of thumb is that if you are facing an issue you should google it first because even the highly sophisticated team at GoDaddy are humans and humans do not know all the answers.

please note that, i offer direct support that is in no way associated with GoDaddy's regular support channels; but, for immediate technical support you can contact me at: https://join.skype.com/t3cxhmNCspqu