cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II

Absent poster response, after solutions offered ....

I find, that the lack of response from members, who you've tried to assist in solving a problem, is very frustrating and probably even "rude"! If I offer a "solution" and get no response, I don't know, if they've read the proposed solution, if so, if it worked or did not work, etc..

Kudos from the moderators are fine, but "Did it help the O/P?"

However, I feel most forums trend about the same way. ... and there is really not much, that can be done to improve the responses.

"Life goes on!"

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Absent poster response, after solutions offered ....

Hey @tmaj,

Sorry you're frustrated! Sometimes people don't check back on a post for responses. The best way to ensure that they see your response is to start out the post with an @ and then their user name. They'll then get an email with your response and a message in their inbox. 

Hope this helps!! 

Have a good day.

Rachel

Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Useful tip @RachelM - thanks!

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff
Helper II

@RachelM wrote:

Hey @tmaj,

@Sorry you're frustrated! Sometimes people don't check back on a post for responses. The best way to ensure that they see your response is to start out the post with an @ and then their user name. They'll then get an email with your response and a message in their inbox.

@RachelM, @SiteDoctor
RE: The original post.
So, I got a questionnaire this morning, asking if,  "I had gotten a solution to my question?"
I think, the answer, would have to be "NO!" I have done, as instructed, in addition to sending "private messages" and have not received one reply in response. I did get one reply to a later post, even though, I had no solution to the problem presented, but I would guess, "that was random".
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tmaj,

Please be patient as our Community grows and people become more familiar with the platform. We're really new and I'm sure that you'll see more kudos and accepted solutions in the future. Thanks and have a great day!

Rachel