cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted

Absurd on absurd.tv cost C$13,425.08

It's shame and absurd for Godaddy to allow a third party to sell a void domains for dozen thousand dollars, like absurd.tv for $13,425.08 CAN.

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III
Solution

Re: Absurd on absurd.tv cost C$13,425.08

@donavi2 

GoDaddy does not own any of the domains. GoDaddy is what is known as a Domain Registrar. ICANN are the ones that are in charge of all domains worldwide. When you go and put in a domain name, search, and purchase it from any registrar, all they are doing is providing your information and payment to ICANN and any other appropriate authorities (think a Country Code TLD). Once that's done, the company you registered it with then gives you a domain interface to control it.

As far as the price on that particular domain, someone owns it and that's the price they want for it if you'd like to purchase it. Neither GoDaddy nor anyone else controls that aspect of domain pricing. It's totally up to the seller and the buyer to determine if the price is fair or not.

I hope that helps explain the process a bit. 

Best Regards,

Joe

Check out my site! | My Garage Articles | Portfolio/Resume

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. I DO NOT PROVIDE ANSWERS VIA PM. If you would like personalized help, you can see my pricing on my services page. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!

Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community