cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application for changing passwords

I am looking for a program that will allow me to manage changing my passwords every 90 days.  I am okay with manually changing my passwords but I am looking for an application that will send me a reminder message that I need to change my password in X amount of days.  Does anyone use a tool like this?  Thank you for any help that you can provide!

2 REPLIES 2
Rockstar II Rockstar II
Rockstar II

Re: Application for changing passwords

Hello @MissTweakIt, have you looked at LastPass? I know they have a auto password change feature that is supported for a lot of websites and even the premium service is reasonably priced. Also Norton has a really good password manager that you may already have access to if you have a Norton subscription. The great thing about both of those is they also have app versions which is increasingly helpful with secure passwords.

I don't know if the "send me a reminder" thing is possible as I don't use LastPass but perhaps changing the password automatically can be set at an interval? LastPass has a free version you can check out. There are other solutions like Dashlane, Sticky Password and LogMeOnce that you might also want to take a look at? If a reminder is all you are looking for (and not the management) I'd just make a Google Calendar (or whatever calendar you use) "Change My Passwords" appointment, set some Notifications (you can set more than one) and a couple of emails and make it recur every 90 days. Hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Re: Application for changing passwords

@rd I appreciate your reply.  You gave me a few things to think about.  I have a password manager that I am already using. I am looking for a tool that will text/email me to notify that my password will expire in a certain amount of days.  I am thinking that I might have to use the calendar solution for now until I can find an app that does this for me.  Maybe I am making this complicated but I know this is a feature that my clients will probably need in the future and I don't want to be the person managing different calendar appointments.@rd I appreciate your reply.  You gave me a few things to think about.  I have a password manager that I am already using. I am looking for a tool that will text/email me to notify that my password will expire in a certain amount of days.  I am thinking that I might have to use the calendar solution for now until I can find an app that does this for me.  Maybe I am making this complicated but I know this is a feature that my clients will probably need in the future and I don't want to be the person managing different calendar appointments.