cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV Helper IV
Helper IV

Can't register or post to GoDaddy Community? Set your language to US-English

Are you logging in from outside the US? Make sure you setup your language as US-English after logging in.

Here's the logged in header with Canada-English set. You will get an error if you try to post in the community. If you have anything other than US-English in the header you won't be able to use the community.

So switch to US-English WHILE YOU'RE LOGGED IN to your GoDaddy account. The URL will switch to www.godaddy.com and the language should be United States-English before you navigate over to www.godaddy.com/community to register a handle and begin interacting.

Trust this will be fixed eventually by the GoDaddy Community caretakers and stewards.

Alex Sirota, PMP - NewPath Consulting - Schedule some time with Alex
"At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't register or post to GoDaddy Community? Set your language to US-English

Thanks for writing this up, Alex! I'll fold it into a post for onboarding new community members.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can't register or post to GoDaddy Community? Set your language to US-English

Great post! Thanks so much Alex!

Rachel

Community Manager

Advocate II
Advocate II

Yup - got burned by that, but remembered that it had to be US - English when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my language was set to UK- English.

Jackie