cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MattT19
Novice

Feature Request : {Somthing} changed Emails

I would like to be able to set up my account so whenever a DNS setting etc gets changed on any domain on my account I get an email notifying me of the change. I have seen some account takeovers happening here I would like to know when anything changes on my account. This would probably also be a preventative feature since knowing the owner will be notified when a change happen would make it less likely a takeover would happen since they would know immediately.
4 REPLIES
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Feature Request : {Somthing} changed Emails

Hi @MattT19. Thanks for your suggestion. As you probably know, this isn't currently a feature that is available in our system. However, there are a few things that I would suggest if you are concerned about your account. 

• Add two-step verification. This adds an additional layer of security. You can choose to require verification for every login or just for high-risk changes, like modifying your login information.
  • Add Protected Registration. This is a service that deadbolts a domain to an account. When it is added, a domain cannot be canceled or transferred out of an account manually unless the protection is canceled first. 

Additionally, you may consider using 3rd party DNS monitoring to be informed of any changes made to a domain's DNS records. In searching online I did find a few providers that offer this as a service. Hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
MattT19
Novice

If Godaddy supported OTP I would consider 2FA but using a phone is not an option for me and SIM hijacking makes that not so safe anymore anyway. Protecting domains does not help if someone has obtained access to account somehow. Third Party DNS monitoring could help some but does not help in the case where the criminals are just adding sub-domains to your domains so they can spam and host badness on the sub-domains without the owner knowledge. Also I will point out that many hosting company's already have implemented my suggestion, DO and OVH being examples that will email the second someone logs into your account.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MattT19 - Understood. Just to clarify, our two-step verification process supports authenticator apps like Google Authenticator and Authy in addition to SMS. Also, we are looking into and testing the use of a OTP interface, though I don't know when/if it will be implemented. Thanks again for your feedback. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
MattT19
Novice

Ok thanks. When I talked to support on the phone the said I needed SMS to do 2FA. I will look at Authy. I would still like to see auto emails on account access though.