cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

I do not need your help. Stop calling.

I have been using GoDaddy even before you started operations in India. Now every single time I have a domain name up for renewal an annoying call center operator calls me on my Whois number and asks me to renew my domain. 

Even when I tell them that I have and will always be doing it online, they insist on me getting 'in front of a computer so they can walk me through the process'.

This is very annoying. Some of us do not need this hand holding.

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I do not need your help. Stop calling.

Hi @vatsan,

these calls are invariably scam calls and what they are trying to guide you in is hacking your site or some other scam. 

Put the phone down and if it continues to be a problem then you could look at filtering your calls. There is a very good phone on the market made by BT at the moment and for around £80 for two phones it is worth EVERY penny. I have total peace these days 😊😊😊

New

Hi @Anonymous</a>

I initially thought they were Spammers too so I indulged them for a bit and they are actually pretty legit. I get the calls from a call center based in Hyderabad, India and looking up the number online, it is the official GoDaddy customer center. This is probably part of some initiative to educate newbie customers. They always call around evening every darn day. I actually moved a couple of domains out to a different registrar and the calls stopped for those domains.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vatsan, Sorry to hear that we're inundating you with calls! Have you asked our reps to put in your account a "Do not call" message? I'd suggest this. We appreciate your business and are obviously being a bit too overly enthusiastic. Take care!

Rachel

Go Daddy - the calls are constant. I am on the verge of pulling my business away. How many times do we need to ask to be removed from your telemarketing calls? Blocking numbers doesn't help because your people call from different lines - all from Go Daddy in the 480 area code. Horrible. Stop. 

I too am getting too many calls every day. I already told them on the phone not to call me at work. Only after 6pm. I told them yesterday and they are still calling. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hi @PerpetualFungus Sorry for any frustration. It sounds like you'd prefer to be put on our do not call list. I apologize if this wasn't offered the last time an agent spoke with you. You can easily add yourself to this list by visiting this page and clicking edit next to Phone Calls. I hope that helps. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted

I get about 2 calls every week, and it's terrible. One morning they actually called me twice in a row. 
They called me this morning and were just asking redundant questions like "do you have any questions about your service?" and it was such a waste of time. Kept trying to upsell me on stuff.