cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Super User III Super User III
Super User III

Kudos broken?

My Kudos buttons have not worked for some time now.  I did not notice it at first, as the buttons are at the bottom of the post, but I get an error message above the post (Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested.)

18 REPLIES 18
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Kudos broken?

Yeah, I've had the same thing happen as well -- I thought is was just me because I've always had issues and error messages.  Couldn't even give you Kudos for bringing this up!  So you just have my thanks... Smiley Wink 

Judith
"All people are the same; only their habits differ." ~Confucius
Super User III

@Muse  At least I am not the only one.  I did not even notice for a long time, but a lot of my well deserved kudos never reached their destination.  Looks to be a couple of months now.

@RachelMHey, did you know about this?  You're missing out on some of my kudos too ;-)

Super User III

So I switched browsers and it is working in Chrome but not in Firefox.

Super User I

@NateThat doesn't surprise me -- I use FireFox and Chrome does work better with the forums -- sporadically. 

Just tried to Kudo you again in Chrome and received the same red bar error!

I've let @Rachel know about the issues I've experienced and error messages I've run into.    I believe she is on vacation now so you probably won't hear back from her right away.  ;-)

Judith
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Hey @Nate & @Muse, Thanks for letting me know! We're in the process of upgrading our platform so we're hoping some of these types of issues will go away. Keep me posted!

Rachel

Helper V

Kudos are broken again. I'm using Firefox.

Super User I

@Hopeful

That is whacky!  I just Kudo'd you with Firefox!  Smiley Surprised 

Judith
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Hopeful,

Are you still experiencing this? I've tried on Firefox and Chrome and am not experiencing any issues. Please let me know. Thanks!

Rachel

Helper V

@RachelM and @Muse  Thanks for reporting on this, but mine are not working. For example, I tried to Kudo @Nate in this thread and it won't work.

https://www.godaddy.com/community/GoCentral/Can-t-add-text-links-in-GoCentral-Why-do-I-want-to-pay-f...

Maybe it's the old Firefox ini Privacy Mode/No Tracking issue again...

Super User I

@Hopeful @RachelM

Must be something on your end setup wise -- just was able to Kudo Nate on the thread you referenced.

Being Privacy Mode/No Tracking means that information is not transmitted from the browser about you -- that could be why in order to be noted as kudo'ing you are unable to do so. Smiley Wink

Did you try in disengaging privacy/no tracking?

Judith
Helper V

@Muse @RachelM No, it should function whether tracking is on or off, IMHO.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Hopeful,

Have you cleared your cookies? Sometimes that really helps. Try it and let me know. Thanks!

Rachel

Helper V

@RachelM 

Thanks, but still a no-go. Cleared cookies. Not working. Tested it in different Product topics, doesn't work anywhere I've tried.

Helper V

@RachelM @Nate @Muse I still have no kudo ability. There are many deserving posters, but I'm unable to give them credit. Just saying...

Super User I

@Hopeful 

Hmmm.... not sure what is up with that for you.  I have no problem "kudoing".  I was just able to Kudo your comment.   I'm on Firefox.  Maybe it is a browser thing?

Judith
Helper V

I use Firefox, too. I was only able to kudo the first month or so I had GC. Since then (over a year) it hasn't worked for me. Can't figure it out, so just letting Rachel know.

Super User III

@HopefulI have not had an issue with this in a long time.  Would it be possible for you to test on a different computer?

Also did the problem start ever since you became a Super User?  I'm wondering if there's some configuration problem with the rank.

Helper V

@Nate Good suggestions. I have not tested on a different computer. Not really possible at this time. I have tried other browsers, etc. previously as stated above. The problem started and persisted before I was a Super User. It has been non-functioning almost from the very beginning. Just a mystery. Thanks for trying to help. If I get the chance to try another computer I will.