cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V

Search Feature, Quick Search Does Not Function!!

Here's an idea for ya, how about making the search feature work??!! Are all you folks out there aware that it doesn't? If the search phrase is not worded in the exact same order as the product title, or isn't in the description in the exact same order, the product will not be found!

PLUS

The algorithm is so dysfunctional, it can't distinguish between partial words and whole words. For example, I sell jewelry, and if you search for rings (I have 21), the results show anything with the word rings in it! So all the earrings show up too, saying I have 125 rings, which I do not. And I don't expect that my customers should have to sort thru 125 items fo find 21 rings.

This has been going on for years. I reported it again when I got the new GoCentral and STILL, despite the famous "they are working on it", it hasn't been fixed. Now they don't even bother telling people that anymore, they just say that's how it works. You people better get this fixed, because it is NOT functioning for the main purpose it is for. If you can't do a basic search, you have SERIOUS problems. There is no excuse for this.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Search Feature, Quick Search Does Not Function!!

Hi @Hopeful

We appreciate your feedback and suggestion. We will make sure to pass it along to the right team for review. 

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support
Helper V

@charminglygeekySo, how is this going. Can you give me an update on when this will be resolved? It is CRITICAL that this be fixed ASAP. Thanks.

I would like to know too, ASAP