cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Should "Community Founder" be a visible rank?

As a Community Founder you're given a special profile badge that signifies your pre-launch participation in the community forums.

Unfortunately these badges aren't visible in discussion threads, so the only way to know if someone is a Founder is to click through to their profile.

So, how do we make Founders more visible?

One solution is to replace the user rank (Novice, Skilled, etc...) with a special "Community Founder" rank and icon. This would be visible next to the username on all posts.

The trade-off is that Founders won't be able to "rank up". Your rank will always be shown as Community Founder.

So, Founders... what do you think? Are you willing to sacrifice ranking up for a permanent Community Founder rank + icon next to your username?

8 REPLIES 8
Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Re: Should "Community Founder" be a visible rank?

No badges are available when viewing posts though? I think the admin and the GD_employee2 markers are cool (I don't know what you guys call them). The way I see badges is kind of like that I can imagine a scenario where some profiles would look like a decorated military person. I think it was @webdiva that mentioned that only the top level earned should be displayed. I'd like to see something like that so you could get a general (no pun intended) idea of participation. Somehow a opinion from a profile with a 20 Accepted Solutions badge would be a bit easier to digest?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

Helper VI Helper VI
Helper VI

I'm ok with not ranking

~Jan Mykhail Hasselbring Web Administrator @ fullstackwebsolution.com
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rd wrote:

No badges are available when viewing posts though? I think the admin and the GD_employee2 markers are cool (I don't know what you guys call them).

Those are the rank icons. 🙂

Super User I Super User I
Super User I

Okay. How about you make some badges equal a rank icon. Maybe Founder gets a rank icon and like 100+ replies, 100+ posts, 100+ accepted answers... How many do you guys figure one person will have? Depending on the category and requirements I can't imagine more than five? Keep in mind that the 100+ number was just arbitrary.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

New New
New

I like the "community founder" and don't care about ranking up.

eLiz
Happy Joe • Fostering Healthy and Happy Lives for Veterans

I'm OK with not ranking too.

Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I agree with the above - I'm not worried about the rank. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Just want to let everyone know that you know have the "Community Founder" rank next to your user name. Here's my post about it: Community Founder Rank. Congratulations!

Rachel