cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off or on my email address by specifying date and time

It seems that most junk mail come from sources that work during the midnight hours.  My clients and friends don't send mail during these hours anyway, so why don't we have the ability to disable an address during certain hours?  That would stop 90% of the junk mail I receive.  By disable I mean for the sender to receive a message that this email doesn't exist.

1 REPLY 1
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Turn off or on my email address by specifying date and time

@swallen56 wrote:

It seems that most junk mail come from sources that work during the midnight hours.  My clients and friends don't send mail during these hours anyway, so why don't we have the ability to disable an address during certain hours?  That would stop 90% of the junk mail I receive.  By disable I mean for the sender to receive a message that this email doesn't exist.

@swallen56 it's an interesting idea but I've never seen a service that offers it, probably because it would be more of a pain to try to configure this. Also, most spammers are using automated software and would never see the message that the email doesn't exist, their system will keep blasting the email whether it exists or not.

---

Save money on Godaddy products and get a .com domain for under $1: http://bit.ly/2E7MV0I