cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Unlimited PHP Resource CPANEL. Product of the Century. Make GoDaddy Millions

Instead of having users search the internet endlessly for stupid php limitation problems. Why not offer a CPANEL and SERVER with UNLIMITED RESOURCES. As most executives are tech dumb, you can offer unlimited storage and databases without actually being able to use either. The solution... unlimited php resource hosting. Never have to touch the caps because its all maxed out already. You want to upload to your wordpress. Done. Doesn't matter what it is. Doesn't matter at all. Just works. Period -> .

7 REPLIES 7
New

Re: Unlimited PHP Resource CPANEL. Product of the Century. Make GoDaddy Millions

I can only think back to the first real problem i had. Max_Execution time. Max_Upload . This is where everyone's career begins because it is problem #1. Spend days of my life unneccesarily. If GoDaddy already would've PRESET it TO MAX, then it would've saved my hands about 10k clicks of the mouse.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Unlimited PHP Resource CPANEL. Product of the Century. Make GoDaddy Millions

Hi @sparxx. Thanks for the suggestion. Before I can pass on your feedback, I need to understand it a little better. When you say unlimited resources, do you mean specifically things like max_execution_time and max_file_uploads or are you referring to resources like RAM, I/O, etc.?

For the former, most server admins put PHP limits in place to help protect the overall environment of the server. This is especially important in shared hosting environments where the resources for the server are split up between multiple customers. PHP limits help safeguard against programs that are misconfigured using all the resources available for the account. However, they are often configurable to allow more flexibility. 

For the latter, server resources are usually limited in some way based on the physical memory that's available on the server (RAM, HDD space, etc.). If a customer wants access to all of the resources available on a server, we do offer dedicated server hosting.

The only type of server that I can think of that wouldn't have physical limits would be something that grew as demand increased. We did have a cloud server service for a while a few years ago that allowed developers to create their own servers and only pay for what they used (similar to services provided at AWS) and expand them as needed. However, that turned out to not be a good fit for us and most of our customers, so it was discontinued. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Highlighted
New

The server setup right now stinks. The object of technology is creating an environment for your health. Which in our industry is clicking a mouse or least amount of mouse clicks. You are absolutely incorrect. Those limitations were put in place because in the original programming nobody in their right mind would've believed that anyone would need more. Now 10 years later, we need more. All that stuff should be preset to the ceiling. Almost nobody would even use it. But I would. Having to click and troubleshoot and remember has wasted tons of clicking with my hands. What a waste if there was just someone who could ensure that the server will always be in a pre-programmed state of Ferrari. The absolute max capability for php pre-programmed for my pleasure enjoyment time and the saving of my fingers clicking a mouse.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks again for the feedback, @sparxx. The PHP limits we have on our shared plans do not cause issues for the great majority of our customers. However, I can understand why you would want a solution that did not require you to make these changes. Currently, we have Fully Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers that would work the way you would want them to. Essentially you would tell us "I want all the PHP limits maxed for my server" and our management team would do that for you. However, I'll pass on your desire to have a similar solution with our shared hosting plans. 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
New

What a horrible answer. JESSE. The problem is that people waste time due to outdated metrics and ceiling from 1995. Just as YOU SUGGEST... lets waste superadmin's time every time someone buys hosting so we can continually fix a symptom like LUKE-WARM SOLUTIONS instead of the problem which is 90s technology. I assure you it WASTES 1 MILLION man HOURS a year. It should be fixed. Its always a stupid problem with an easy solution that takes hours to fix for everyone. Why don't you upload magento in phpmyadmin 1x and find out that ANY LIMITATIONS in a server environment built to do eCommerce ARE at this point OUTDATED. Period.

New

Also. The problem is there is a wrong answer. In technology, in programming, in the land of 0s and 1s, you can be wrong. I need this. I need it every time. I need godaddy to preprogram CPanel. Period. Instead you want to make all these smiling people and trendy things to make us seem like Satan and the Daemons do not control the email servers and the computers and the comptroller and the web. But in reality they do. There is a right answer. It is the technology is outdated. You don't want to hurt anyone's feelings anymore. OR be the one who sticks their neck out. But we need this change.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

@sparxx - I understand that you believe that is the case. However, our hosting environments are set up the way they are based on our market research and experience. We do appreciate your feedback though.