cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

miserable customer service

I am very disappointed of godaddy, my website fell several times and I communicate with them and they told me I had many domains in one account, many as 7 and I needed to buy another hosting package.
Until there all good, buy it, because it is important for me to keep my online sites.
The same day went to drop my website more important to me.
I called them back and they gave me directions that did not solve anything, on the contrary, worsened the situation.
Currently my most important site is fallen and there is no one who can solve me, miserable customer service, I am very disappointed.
You can not open a ticket, just can call to get communicate with them and they leave half an hour in line and then the call is cut, that is  unpleasant.
11 REPLIES 11
New

Re: miserable customer service

Any suggestions to a better go daddy experience or an alternative?

thanks

ozzie

New

First of all, they should allow customers to communicate by email. They only have two-way contact, phone and chat, which is always offline and the phone what if I am outside the United States? I have to pay long distance to call. Then they have to leave behind the practice of trying to sell products that customers do not need, remember that customers need to help meet they needs and not try to meet the needs of the seller.

Day 3 with my website down and no one to help!

Helloooooo Godaddy I am here!!!!!!!

New

second attempt I am waiting 24

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @albo

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry it hasn't been a better one. It sounds like a fairly complex issue. I will be reaching out to you via PM in a bit once I have looked into this more. 

Hi @Ozzie

Glad you're here on GoDaddy Community. If there's a specific reason you're unhappy with us, feel free to let us know. We'd like to help if we can.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
Helper V
Solution

I know from personal experience how frustrating it is when GoDaddy customer service insists it is our problem and cannot possibly be their problem. I know from personal experience that they might insist it is not their problem when it is in fact theirs. I totally understand that there are many situations in which they are correct.

If the problem truly is theirs then you can try calling again and hopefully after another attempt or a couple of additional attempts you will get someone that does help.

Alternatively, if you want to spend time providing an explanation in the appropriate forum here, someone might be able to help.

If you want to make a suggestion for what GoDaddy can do to help in situations where the problem is something they can help with but they insist it is not then that would be worth posting here. We however need to be realistic. We need to recognize that sometimes customers are wrong. What can we suggest that will help GoDaddy help us when they can and should yet not require GoDaddy to waste their time when it truly is not their problem?

If you are able to provide enough information in the relevant forum here to determine that the problem truly is something Godadday could and should help with then hopefully that will be enough to get customer service to proceed.

New

I could not agree more!  I have been with godaddy for several years now and the customer service has definitely gotten worse.  I am having a problem with the integration of online store and stripe.  My money is being deposited into the wrong account and guess what!!  After HOURS yes hours of being on the phone with support Go Daddy says they cannot help me to contact Stripe. Guess what...Stripe has NO PHONE CONTACT (email only) and they said I must get help from Go Daddy!!  I am so frustrated I could scream.

Additionally support convinced me to upgrade to Online Store from Quick Shopping Cart which I agreed and they would not refund me my $70 SSL renewal I had just paid!  Totally unheard of.  Years ago I would get the nicest people who went above and beyond.  Not anymore.  I am looking into moving both of my domains and all products to another provider since NO ONE can help me!  

While I'm venting why does Online Store not have zip code based tax rates in addition to state.  I have been asking for this since Online Store was launched.

New

Same here, I prefer chat support.  Unfortunately, it's always offline.  Seriously, we are all internet people here.  Unavailable chat support should be a major concern that needs to be addressed without anybody telling Godaddy.

Horrible I agree I have a nice sized webinar and other sites and domains that were to be utilized by Tuesday after Go Daddy continually changing the services so that a 15-30 package kept turning into 300 in the end i just went with a hosting package only to find out 4 hours later of trying just to do that there was nothing but a domain and I was sold the Brooklyn Bridge in Hawaii. Biggest It ripoff I ever experienced and there is no customer service just customer rip off. I'll be chalking this site as one huge ripoff of time and money..... neither of which I have time to waste.> Just make sure you undo do the auto charge so they don't keep stealing from you over and over and over. Guess they figure it wont be worth our time to get the issue resolved and with that they are true atleast by them anyway they are not the only provider but by far the worst I've experienced since the advent of the internet.. good look RUN< RUN< RUN...

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spicemman 

Sorry if you've had difficulty with our support. It sounds like there was some confusion on the products that you ended up purchasing. We definitely don't want you to feel like you didn't get what you paid for. Please reach out to our support team so they can make sure everything looks OK on our end. We offer 24/7 support via telephone. Our chat team isn't 24/7 quite yet, but we're working on expanding that. For now, if you don't wish to call, our chat support team is available Monday - Friday, 5 am to 6 pm (MST). 

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.

Really, you are right.

I have GD Products  for 3 years and the only time I needed to support the service was disappointing.

In renewing my services, the GD changed my servers, dns zone and mx without telling me and I'm 2 weeks ago with serious problems.

In two weeks, there are more than 20 applications for support between calls and chat and 3 dns propagation attempts that only worsen the problems.

And worst of all is that there are still comments that want to blame the customer. Unfortunate!!!

I decided not to renew any product after my period as a customer.

Really MISERABLE!

How about a clear system status, not a blank page?

Really, if a server is not responding, no FTP is possible, and no HTTP response from a server that was working just minutes before, what else is needed?   If customer service can't help, get someone in that can - an outside vendor, perhaps?

I write this as an administrator of several websites, spread out through 4 hosting companies.  ONLY GoDaddy refuses to open a ticket when a server is down, gives "pretty soon" as a timeframe and refuses to detail the problem.  With so many hosting solutions, and a known timeframe, I can balance work, but with NO realistic timeframe, no open ticket, it is all just hollow promises. 

Chat?  A joke.  Third time I used it, I got the ubiquitous "please call" with wait times in the sub-10 minutes, but the problem then is having to duplicate work - explain time and time again the problem to tiers of phone support, and yet still, no ticket, no hard guesstimate beyond "pretty soon" or "not too much longer" - really, if it takes half a day, just tell me.  No sugarcoat, please.

I write this as a multiple account holder (domains, three hosted sites, one blog, and two cloud/work product storage accounts.  It should all be simpler, able to be measured, and most of all, open and honest..