cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Advocate V Advocate V
Advocate V

pricing agreement?

I have a potential client that is a law office and they've asked me for an agreement/contract stating my rates etc.  I've never really needed one.  Usually, I just state my rates over the phone.  Of course, usually I'm working on referral (as I am this time) and start with a certain level of trust.  Of the three times in the last ten years that someone has refused payment, twice they've come back looking for more work and we settled up then (Oh, I didn't take care of that invoice?  I'm so sorry!).

Does anyone have a boilerplate rate agreement?

Keep on Coding!
Mark Cicchetti - There are 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.
3 REPLIES 3
New
Solution

Re: pricing agreement?

Given they're lawyers they're going to want to see a legal agreement. With that said where are you in the process of engaging with them?

Do you have a well defined scope of work, goals for the project and timeline? If you haven't yet worked out what needs to be done it might be a little early to dive into the hourly rate side of things. Likewise if you haven't even got a detailed brief from them, indication of their goals and ROI, budget etc.

I've used a ton of different contracts in the past, usually cobbled together from various sources. I'm not currently doing any consulting but if I were I'd probably be using something like HelloBonsai.com for getting my contract together.

I'd also be making sure I made distinctions in hourly rates if you're doing a broad range of services. For instance rates for content creation and editing might differ from marketing strategy and then again from design to development.

Rockstar I Rockstar I
Rockstar I
Solution

Hi @D3,

Check out the link below.  I've used this and it works quite well. Easy to use, too. Somewhere on that site is a downloadable form of a template. If you like what you see, but can't find the download let me know.

https://stuffandnonsense.co.uk/projects/contract-killer/

Hope this helps,

James

Not Just Pretty Sites, Pretty Doggone Smart Sites
Advocate V Advocate V
Advocate V

Both excellent resources.

Keep on Coding!
Mark Cicchetti - There are 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary and those who don't.