cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

1st Time Wordpress Usage

I signed up with the Deluxe Managed WordPress Plan  thinking it would be easy to use. I thought it would be a simple drag and drop type building but that's not the case. It's very overwhelming. I want to pick a theme and click and drag my edits to make the theme my own but I guess that's not an option? Is there a guide from downloading a theme to simple edits in layman terms. Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User IV
    Super User IV
    Solution

Re: 1st Time Wordpress Usage

@JR54 

Some themes do include a drag and drop editor (Visual Composer or Others) but these are all paid themes. If you are looking for more of a click and build / drag and drop system. I suggest looking at the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing - While you may not have as many options when it comes to design & functionality - it is much more click and drag and drop.

If your site needs WordPress for more advanced functionality, I suggest trying to find a local developer who can work with you on the initial buildout and then give you the flexibility to work on it moving forward. 

One of the biggest things to keep in mind with WordPress is to make sure you are updating your theme  & plugins regularly as often times these updates are overlooked and that is when security issues crop up.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Highlighted
    Super User IV
    Super User IV
    Solution

Re: 1st Time Wordpress Usage

@JR54 

Some themes do include a drag and drop editor (Visual Composer or Others) but these are all paid themes. If you are looking for more of a click and build / drag and drop system. I suggest looking at the GoDaddy Websites + Marketing - While you may not have as many options when it comes to design & functionality - it is much more click and drag and drop.

If your site needs WordPress for more advanced functionality, I suggest trying to find a local developer who can work with you on the initial buildout and then give you the flexibility to work on it moving forward. 

One of the biggest things to keep in mind with WordPress is to make sure you are updating your theme  & plugins regularly as often times these updates are overlooked and that is when security issues crop up.

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post