• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

403 Forbidden Error on Managed WordPress Hosting

I am not able to access my website, bvcurlingclub.com. I get a 403 Forbidden error. I have tried logging in through bvcurlingclub.com/wp-login.php and through the Managed WordPress area in my GoDaddy account. I was chatting with a GoDaddy Guide but I think we got cut off. He sent me instructions to change my password through phpmyadmin because I can't log into the WordPress dashboard, but changing my password didn't fix the problem. I tried launching my site in Safe Mode through the tools under My Account/Managed WordPress and I still got the 403 Forbidden error. Any ideas? I see a Reset File Permissions option under tools but I can't find anything that tells me what that does so I'm hesitant to try it.

3 REPLIES 3
    Super User I
    Super User I

Re: 403 Forbidden Error on Managed WordPress Hosting

Hello @dbuczek99 and thank you for reaching out to the community. 

I'm able to get to your website fine! Click here to see. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***
    Solution

Thanks, Drew! I was able to get somebody else on chat and they were finally able to fix it. I think they had to restore the site from a backup? She didn't really explain the fix so well and after working on the issue for over 2 hours, I was just happy to be back up and running!

Super User I
    Super User I

Hello @dbuczek99 thank you for following up. I'm glad they got you up and running again. 

Very Respectfully,

Drew Davis
    Navy Veteran and Entrepreneur | GoDaddy Pro user | "Proud to be serving others!"

*** Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Please feel free to give me KUDOS on this topic/discussion; mark my comment as ACCEPTED SOLUTION if you believe I've helped solved your issue. Thanks! ***