• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    glynnpot
    Novice

502 bad gateway error when saving an edit

I keep getting a bad gateway 502 error when trying to save edits.

It driving me nuts!

I have tried just about everything on my side.

I have read that Godaddy does this to sites that it believes are displaying 'suspicious activity' ?

I am at the stage where I think I need to a new hosting service!

please help!!!!!

5 REPLIES
    Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
    Pro Community Founder Mentor

Re: 502 bad gateway error when saving an edit

Hi @glynnpot,

What hosting platform are you on?  Most of the time when I've gotten 502's its been because of either a corrupt file or more likely a problem with an api integration.  If you do not have enough allocated resources, an api call will timeout and result in a 502.  For example, if you are using WooCommerce and have a plugin that is "integrated" and relies on the WP api, sufficient resources are critical.  I've had this problem more than once and have had to rethink how I using my site's resources. 

Hope this helps,

James

neurowend
    Novice

502 bad gateway error when saving an edit

When i save and edit an article i got immediatly a 502 bad gateway.. I need some help.

cheeseshark
    Skilled

I had this happen twice today when updating a page.  I just refreshed the page, and chose resubmit the data, and everything went through fine.

czanone1
    Novice

Anyone getting anywhere with this issue? I have a site that is basically completely crippled the minute you try to update a page.

Tried chat. Sent me a link to show me how to update some parameters here:https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/?omtr=b&utm_expid=3606929-101.yRvM9BqCTnWwtfc...

Then asked me if I'd read this page: https://www.lifewire.com/502-bad-gateway-error-explained-2622939

This is not a hardware or browser issue on my end. This problem is happening as soon as we click "Update" after editing a WordPress page. It happens on PCs and a MAC. It's happening in 2 different states. This is NOT MY PROBLEM it's a GoDaddy PROBLEM!

Need some answers here GoDaddy.

I have the same issue.  I have been traveling for 2 years and it has been happening for over a year,  no matter where I am and it doesn't matter what browser I am using. 

It is very aggravating.  I have tried updating often, sometimes it will update but most of the time (90%) it will just give me the 502 error.  I AM paying for this???

I have tried to do many of the "solutions" I have found via google search.  None have worked.  Currently I am out of the country, so I cannot call them again and the chat doesn't seem to be working either.

Does anyone know if GoDaddy is working on this issue