• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    New

Access denied connecting to mysql database from plugin.

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2005): Unknown MySQL server host 'mybe41788576202.db.41788576.426.hostedresource.net:3310' (0)

Receiving the following error when trying to connect through phpmyadmin plugin for wordpress. I have looked for help everywhere and do not know what to change - please help Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Access denied connecting to mysql database from plugin.

Hello HHTri,

I understand you are looking for a solution to a problem connecting to your database via a plugin. May I ask what the plugin is that you are using?

Be sure to review the:

Host:

User:

Password:

If the plugin is trying to connect externally you may need to whitelist remote access to the database.

(only specific hosting accounts have the ability to whitelist ip address's for remote mysql access.)

Mike L. | WebPro
    New

@Amadeuslopezart,

Thanks for the quick response. I have installed Phpmyadmin plugin into wordpress. When I attempt to login it comes up with that error. What do you suggest?

Highlighted
    Solution

Hey there HHTri,

So I am not familiar with that specific plugin but try adding your host name without the port number.

mybe41788576202.db.41788576.426.hostedresource.net

the port number typically can be specified in a separate field, let me know how that works out. 

Mike L. | WebPro