• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

All my pages are missing

As of this morning, all my pages are missing. I've tried to restore my pages and that isn't working. Also, I keep getting notifications that a few of my plugins and my theme need to be updated. I've updated them about 4 times today and I'm still getting the notification. Help, please!

7 REPLIES 7
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: All my pages are missing

@SerahJ
    1) what is your url
    2) in the WordPress admin are they gone or is this on the front end

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Hi @PL281

my url is stupideasyenglish.com
    and they're gone from both the admin side and the front end

Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

@SerahJ

As this is on Managed WordPress have you tried to restore last night or the day before backup??

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Yes I have. I've actually tried to restore it about 4 times today. It didn't help. I also tried to restore from different dates. Still no luck. My site seems to have reverted to what it looked like when I just began building it. My plugins also aren't updating. Do you think the issues could be connected?

Super User III
    Super User III

@SerahJ 

They could be - I will send you a direct message to see if I can log in and help you out

Great. Thank you!

Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@SerahJ 

Just to close this out for anyone who might be reading this thread - the pages were located on the "staging site" - Most of the GoDaddy Managed WordPress Plans includes a staging site which allows you to make a copy of the live ("public") site and make changes to it and the "push" the changes to the live site.

A note when using staging sites, when you push the staging to "production" it overwrites all of the content / database - so if you have form results or commerce orders on your live site you want to be careful with doing this as it will remove any items that were not on the site when you first created the staging site.