• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Askimet Fatal Error

I am recieving a fatal error when I try and delete or activate Askimet on my managed Wordpress website. 

"Warning: require_once(/var/www/wp-content/plugins/akismet/class.akismet.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/akismet/akismet.php on line 48"

The website is https://www.worldawarenessassociation.org

Any ideas? I've tried deleting it from the file manager and it doesn't let me. I don't really know what to do if I can't delete it from the admin page or the file manager. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    Super User IV

@anthonyrebello 

You may have to reset the permissions under the tools sections of the managed Wordpress dashboard and then delete the akismet plugin folder

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    Super User IV

@anthonyrebello 

You may have to reset the permissions under the tools sections of the managed Wordpress dashboard and then delete the akismet plugin folder

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. Thank You Info If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

View solution in original post