• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

Avada on Managed WP Hosting

Anyone using Avada/Fusionbuilder on Managed WP Hosting?

Interested in your experience, tips, or tricks.

5 REPLIES 5
    Highlighted
    Super User III
    Super User III

Re: Avada on Managed WP Hosting

@IR 

I am using Avada without issue and not doing anything special - do you have a specific question on something?

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community

Helper I

Re: Avada on Managed WP Hosting/?isc=gdcommment

There seems to be some confusion within Godaddy support itself about whether fully functional Avada can be used with *Managed* WP hosting (no cPanel?) rather than needing to take the Internet Hosting (with cPanel).

Are you using Avada/Theme Fusion/Designer and their plugins on *Managed* WP Hosting?

How did you install it without cPanel?

Thanks
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

@IR

Yes this is on managed WordPress. I went into the themes area in WordPress and uploaded the zip file without any issue. Additionally there is SFTP with managed WordPress so I could always just upload the directory there and then activate it in the admin. I’ve never heard of a theme or plug-in with WordPress that needed cPanel for something to work.

* Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Helper I

3 different Godaddy support calls have now confirmed that AVADA/Fusion Builder does have full functionality/plugin/upgrade compatibility issues if used with *managed* WP in Godaddy due to the WP versions active on *managed* WP.

Their advice: use cPanel hosting.

Pleased that it is currently working for you.
    Super User III
    Super User III

@IR 

I can 100% confirm that I use AVADA on Managed WordPress. I have been using it for about 3-4 years now and have not had issues.

Can you please advise what specifically you are looking to do or what you've heard doesn't work.

The only issue I've had with any WordPress site on Managed WordPress was with a plugin that was using fopen vs curl and that for security purposes that is locked down on MWP - but out of the 100s of plugins that I run that was the only one I've ever had issue with.