• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.

This is a horrible feature.  I can't update a plugin half of the time without this page coming. Sometimes after more than a minute, I am able to refresh and wordpress comes back but the plugin or website is destroyed, so I do a restore and all is well, but this feature is getting worse and worse, and for website updates it is absolutely pointless because I usually have to do a compete restore of the site.  Godaddy, this sucks, and your customer service rep told me you get a lot of complaints about this.  Please do something about this ASAP, I can't have my website just disappearing because you can get your system to manage a simple plugin update, not to mention the usual failures for a theme update.  Why do we need to see this page?  Why not just see the normal previous indications of plugin or theme updates?  Why does the site need to go down for a plugin update?

5 REPLIES 5
    New

Re: Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.

Me again, Godaddy.  I just did a theme update, your useless page arose for several minutes, I refreshed and WP came back, but guess what?  No website.  I go to my site and it say "Stylesheet missing".  The last time I attempted a theme update was a few days ago, it worked just fine! V6 to V7.  Why did I do an update again?  Because the next day I attempted a plugin update that rendered my site useless so I had to restore to a previous version, V6.  I know the site can update to V7, I had it there a few days ago, but when I later tried a simple plugin update, that is part of the theme itself,  your useless page reared its ugly head, and after a while I was able to finally get back into WP but, guess what? There was no website because this plugin suddenly did not exist and made my site somewhat useless.  How can this happen on a plugin that comes bundled with the theme, and is this happening because of your troublesome "maintenance" page?  This has happened on plugins that are from other developers also, something is really wrong with your managed wordpress if I have to do a restore every other time I update something, like I have had to for the 3rd time this week!

New

I am in the same situation and extremely frustrated with this. 

Today, my clients website is just blank. All white screen with HTTP ERROR 500.

I mean really, come on they cant resolve this? This is just not acceptable to have a site go down at any point for GoDaddy to make updates. Come on GD, get your **bleep** together, waste of time for everyone involved!

New

Agree. I just got this error trying to update woo commerce  in a theme that it comes integrated with:  Update Failed: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> 500 Internal Server Error Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Godaddy is failing 

Happening all the time now, pretty lame when you consider GoDaddy is probably the most expensive hosting plan and SSL certificate provider on the market

Employee
    Employee
    Solution

@jbeau .  Thanks for being a part of the Godaddy Community!

This is due to the resources on your particular account being at maximum capacity at the time of the request.  This is can be related to plugins/themes that are running at capacity or above, or inconsistency in the plugin/theme itself. That being said, there is a chance that what your working with has simply outgrown the shared environment that you're hosted on and it's demanding more resources then what you are paying for.  

There are third party websites that can run load tests against your website to let you know if there is something that can reduce impact on load.  These can sometimes point to specific plugins. 

Generically, I would uninstall (not deactivate) plugins that you do not intend to use as this will remove them from the file structure capacity and the extra rows that load in the database, this could potentially reduce load times and database impact when publishing. Hope this helps.

All the best,
    Edward
    GoDaddy Hosting Support