cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    New

Can't setup my Wordpress site

Can't get pass the 'create a Wordpress login' page. Can't click on 'Install'.

10 REPLIES 10
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Can't setup my Wordpress site

Hello @Delego,

I don't know what browser you are using but perhaps you want to check if you have any kind of blockers (ad blocker, script blocker...) That is if you are using the WordPress extract/install method by going to yourdomain.com/wpdir/install.php

GoDaddy does have an automatic WordPress install as well:

From what I recall, however, the flow for installing WordPress should go something like this:

1. Log in to your GoDaddy account
    2. Click on ‘Web Hosting’
    3. Under ‘Web Applications,’ click on the WordPress icon
    4. Click on the domain name that you will be using
    5. Fill in administrative settings details, etc.
    6. Optionally fill in the Website tagline
    7. Click the ‘Install’ button at the bottom, right-hand corner of the page

I hope that helps? Come back and let us know how that went.

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

I habe installed the wordpress following the steps you recommend. However I am unable to launch it from my webpage : a file not found 404 error appear when loading WP on my page. 

any help?

I'm having exactly the same issue

Can't migrate my wordpress.com site with GoDaddy

I can't migrate my wordpress.com site with GoDaddy. It keeps saying wrong password but it isn't so.

Re: Can't migrate my wordpress.com site with GoDaddy

Did you ever 'break the code' on this issue?  I am experiencing the same problem migrating a WP.com site to a hosted GoDaddy site.

Re: Can't migrate my wordpress.com site with GoDaddy

Did anyone ever got this to work? I installed WP but got the 404 error too.

Please help. I called godaddy twice today and first time they told me i would be on hold for 12 min. 30 min later I had to hang up to go to work. I called tonight after work and waiting time was 1 hr. Im very very dispointed. Im seaching everywhere for the answer with no luck

None of these solutions work. Literally stuck with the install field not active after all correct information to create a login for WP is entered. No issues there. Just won't install. No adblocker, etc. Ever find a solution to this? The minute that I paid for all of this.. the chat feature disappeared. It's like they got my money and now are unreachable.

I called GoDaddy and they walked me thru. I can’t quite remember what I had to do but I think I went to the FTP and rename a directory and reinstalled
    Call them and ask
    New

I'll see my site with "pageok"

Have you some updating information?

Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

There are very robust discussions on the that went on in My Site And Get "Pageok" When On A Page. Please Help! and PageOK Error Resolved @Miriam. Have a look at those and see if there is something that sounds familiar. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head