• Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Cant attach domain name to managed wordpress

Hi. Just joined with GoDaddy. I have made an error i think in relation to trying to design my website and may have duplicated some services potentially.

I first purchased my domain name, and then first went onto the web hosting plan and purchased it (which is listed as Economy Linux Hosting with CPanel). It then asked if I wanted to install WordPress, which i did want to as to design my website. I then went through the process (including linking my domain) but when it loaded it was a blog version, but I wanted the Website version.

I then went into CPanel and uninstalled the WordPress Blog version.

I then purchased the Deluxe Managed WordPress Websites and went through the installation process for Wordpress and now have the website version. However, it has a temporary domain and I cannot add the one that I registered with GoDaddy and the one that was added to the blog version (CPanel) of Wordpress.

Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if i needed to purchase both the 'Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel' and the 'Delixe Managed WordPress Websites and as such have doubled up on services.

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Cant attach domain name to managed wordpress

cPanel and Managed WordPress are both different types of hosting, and a domain can only be associated with one hosting product at a time.  You can change the Primary Domain in cPanel (possibly to something fictitious like old.yourdomain.com) to free it up to be added to Managed WordPress.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-your-accounts-domain-in-cpanel-hosting-16163?

The average WordPress site would only need one or the other.  You can contact support with your user ID & PIN handy to process a refund on the product you're no longer using.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us