• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Cant install plugins/ internal server error/ need help!

Hello,

I have been trying everything for days to figure this out.

First day I purchased my hosting and domain I couldn't upload my template. I had a few older templates and they would install the template but then the plugins wouldnt fully install and kept returning the 500 server error.   I contacted godaddy and they said they had an update and that there servers maybe down.

I waited another day and still had the same trouble. I contacted godaddy again and they said it was my template and I needed to contact the creators. I did and they redirected me to the being a problem with my hosting. I have now tried about 4 different templates paid and not paid and none of them will fully install theplug-ins which are needed for the templates to run.

I was going to try and increase memory through the sftp and it won't connect. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    benhowelltv
    Getting Started

What kind of hosting do you have? 

Can you upload and activate themes from within WordPress that don't require you to upload from your computer? Go to themes > add new > and install a theme from the WordPress repository. If this works, this means the hosting/wordpress can take theme installs, and narrows the issue down to the uploaded theme. If you cannot install from that repository, I would reinstall wordpress on the server, or reset the hosting entirely. Then upload the theme first and see if it works. If not, at that point I would call hosting support at GoDaddy and have them verify the server is responding appropriately. 

All the best, 

Benjamin Howell

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    benhowelltv
    Getting Started

What kind of hosting do you have? 

Can you upload and activate themes from within WordPress that don't require you to upload from your computer? Go to themes > add new > and install a theme from the WordPress repository. If this works, this means the hosting/wordpress can take theme installs, and narrows the issue down to the uploaded theme. If you cannot install from that repository, I would reinstall wordpress on the server, or reset the hosting entirely. Then upload the theme first and see if it works. If not, at that point I would call hosting support at GoDaddy and have them verify the server is responding appropriately. 

All the best, 

Benjamin Howell

View solution in original post