Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    enzeno
    New

Constant Short outages on managed wordpress?

I have a rather static site on managed wordpress ultimate (beachgoldassay.com) - and from time to time I get downtime notified of outages.  Now, google adwords has started disapproving my ads because of "destination not working" randomly.  I check the site and it is running, I re-enable the ads and they work for a while.   I have also seen crawl errors in the past.  Does this happen to others?  It has become quite a nuisance.

The site has had no changes / no new plugins.  It is static and just gets regular updates for security and to keep plugins/wordpress up to date.

I would like to know if others experience the same / similar thing - is there a fix?  My page might get 1k visitors a month.... It is NOT a resource hog.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @enzeno 

I'm sorry to hear of the outages on your site and for the disruption that caused for your business. Our engineers monitor site traffic and usage to ensure stable server environments. However, there may be rare instances where unexpected traffic spikes or other issues can result in temporary outages. If you are experiencing an issue, you can check on our status page to find out if there is a system-wide problem at that time.

Regarding the Google Adwords issue, the error implies an issue with the HTTP request from Google to confirm the site. Google offers a few troubleshooting tips for this error here. On the site side, firewall settings or plugin conflicts may be causing a problem with the request, so it's worth testing the connection with plugins and firewall disabled. If you are able to connect to Google Support to confirm the HTTP request error code, that may help to identify the source of the issue.

I hope this helps and I appreciate you sharing your experience with the community!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
    ryanfrizzell
    Employee

Hey @enzeno 

I'm sorry to hear of the outages on your site and for the disruption that caused for your business. Our engineers monitor site traffic and usage to ensure stable server environments. However, there may be rare instances where unexpected traffic spikes or other issues can result in temporary outages. If you are experiencing an issue, you can check on our status page to find out if there is a system-wide problem at that time.

Regarding the Google Adwords issue, the error implies an issue with the HTTP request from Google to confirm the site. Google offers a few troubleshooting tips for this error here. On the site side, firewall settings or plugin conflicts may be causing a problem with the request, so it's worth testing the connection with plugins and firewall disabled. If you are able to connect to Google Support to confirm the HTTP request error code, that may help to identify the source of the issue.

I hope this helps and I appreciate you sharing your experience with the community!

View solution in original post