Skip to main content
Help Center
The GoDaddy Community will undergo maintenance starting on Tuesday, August 3rd at 3pm PST / 6pm EST. Learn more
  • GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Contact Form 7 Stopped sending emails

Hello, I'm on Managed WordpPress and using Contact Form 7.

Everyhting was working fine and i was receiving emails regularly.  I suddenly realized that I had not been receiving any emails for a while and traced it back to when Wordpress 5.5.3 was deployed.

• No error messages when using the form
    • I'm using 365 for emails
    • I've installed Flamingo so I at least see incoming messages in my Wordpress admin page, and that works.
    • GODaddy support has not been helpful

All the solutions I have seen so far point to changing to SMTP instead of PHP or changing the CPanel Mx records for mail to remote instead of local.  But I don't use CPanel (managed wordpress) and PHP has been working fine for a while so why did it stop suddenly?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @MrVilleneuve,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to isolate the issue here. In terms of the the reason your email could be filtered as spam, mailbox clients like Office365 employ 3rd party software to help filter spam emails. The criteria that these tools use is out of GoDaddy's control. That said, I shared your experience with our team in case there are some ways that we can help prevent this from happening in the future.

In terms of a solution moving forward, if you mark the emails as "not spam" it will help to train the mailbox that these emails should arrive in the inbox.

Alternatively, setting sending email via SMTP relay would also help the deliverability. You could install and activate a plugin like Easy WP SMTP. GoDaddy includes a SMTP relay server with all MWP plans, and the settings can be found here.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

So I figured out what the problem is.  All the messages were going into my spam folder in my domain email address that is an office 365 Godaddy email address.  I've configured the Contact form 7 as follows:

Why does Office 365, that is provided by Godaddy, considers emails coming from a domaine hosted by Godaddy to be spam?

Hey @MrVilleneuve,

I'm happy to hear that you were able to isolate the issue here. In terms of the the reason your email could be filtered as spam, mailbox clients like Office365 employ 3rd party software to help filter spam emails. The criteria that these tools use is out of GoDaddy's control. That said, I shared your experience with our team in case there are some ways that we can help prevent this from happening in the future.

In terms of a solution moving forward, if you mark the emails as "not spam" it will help to train the mailbox that these emails should arrive in the inbox.

Alternatively, setting sending email via SMTP relay would also help the deliverability. You could install and activate a plugin like Easy WP SMTP. GoDaddy includes a SMTP relay server with all MWP plans, and the settings can be found here.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post