• GoDaddy Community
  • Managed WordPress Hosting
  • Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 

Critical SEO Flaw: Pushing Files and Content from Staging to Production

There is a flaw in the commands being executed by your servers when I pull staging files and content to the production environment. It blocks my production site from being indexed by search engines by default!

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 1.32.25 PM.png

In all staging sites, the "Search Engine Visibility" setting is disabled and set to " Discourage search engines from indexing this site." You can find this setting by accessing the Wordpress admin in any staging site and navigating to Settings > Reading.

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 1.35.06 PM.png

Using the sync tool, a part of the Managed Wordpress admin features, I often want to push changes in both code and content from my staging environment to my production environment.

Unfortunately and unexpectedly, the aforementioned setting is also transferred to the production environment. This has caused Google to un-index our website—which amounts to thousands of missed opportunities and missed donations every month.

I realize we can manually adjust the setting in the production environment. But we're a non-profit and need your tools to work for us—not the other way around. Can you please adjust your script to ignore this setting when syncing environments?

2 REPLIES 2
    Helper VI
    Helper VI

Re: Critical SEO Flaw: Pushing Files and Content from Staging to Production

Hi @mmsdevelopment, if it is as you say, that surely is a major flaw, that should be solved as soon as possible!

I'm just wondering, can you access to ProSites?

If you can, you should be able to contact the wordpress support from the dashboard, and they should be able to fix it as soon as possible.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
    And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy

Re: Critical SEO Flaw: Pushing Files and Content from Staging to Production

This is still an issue.  I lost hours of troubleshooting and top SEO standing.  So simple, easy to overlook.   Godaddy, PLEASE fix!