• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Highlighted
    Helper II

Does GoDaddy's Managed Wordpress already do what the WP-DBManager plugin does?

I'm having some problems with WP-DBManager being able to backup databases. I tried to fix it, but it looks like it's a technical issue that's over my head. Before I call GoDaddy support and spend more precious time trying to fix the problem, I'm wondering "Do I need the plugin now that I'm using Managed WordPress hosting?" (I just switched to Managed WP a few days ago.)

Does anyone know if GoDaddy's Managed WordPress already does what WP-DBManager does?

From the plugin's description on Wordpress.org:

Allows you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database, drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.

TIA,

Mark

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology
    1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
    Highlighted
    Super User I Super User I
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Does GoDaddy's Managed Wordpress already do what the WP-DBManager plugin does?

@mdwpsyd

GoDaddy Managed WordPress claims:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/restore-your-site-9187
    "Managed WordPress® accounts offer 30 days' worth of backups for your WordPress installation's files and its database."

WP-DBManager is good to have because you can do a backup whenever you need to before doing any updating or changes you want to make.  Plus you have access to those backups via FTP to get a copy off the server for safe keeping.  I use it on my sites and have it on auto-pilot for repairing and optimizing as well.

Problems backing up generally will have to do with not having the correct paths set in Database > DB Options.  Without a specific error message or more info, double-check these settings:

Path To mysqldump: /usr/bin/mysqldump

Path To mysql: /usr/bin/mysql

HTH! 😉

Judith
    "Today ends tonight and tomorrow starts again."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
    Highlighted
    Super User I
    Solution

Re: Does GoDaddy's Managed Wordpress already do what the WP-DBManager plugin does?

@mdwpsyd

GoDaddy Managed WordPress claims:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/restore-your-site-9187
    "Managed WordPress® accounts offer 30 days' worth of backups for your WordPress installation's files and its database."

WP-DBManager is good to have because you can do a backup whenever you need to before doing any updating or changes you want to make.  Plus you have access to those backups via FTP to get a copy off the server for safe keeping.  I use it on my sites and have it on auto-pilot for repairing and optimizing as well.

Problems backing up generally will have to do with not having the correct paths set in Database > DB Options.  Without a specific error message or more info, double-check these settings:

Path To mysqldump: /usr/bin/mysqldump

Path To mysql: /usr/bin/mysql

HTH! 😉

Judith

View solution in original post

Highlighted
    Helper II

Thank you so much @Muse - that is indeed very helpful. Man Very Happy

Mark D Worthen PsyD
    Clinical-Forensic Psychology
    Highlighted
    New

Can i connect google adsense with managed wordpress hosting

Highlighted
    Super User I

@HimSin

Absolutely, there are plugins for that and/or you can add the provided code snippet in sidebar or footer widgets.

Also, in the future, please start a new thread when you question veers off the original topic of a thread, okay?

HTH! 😉

Judith