• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Show  only  | Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Error with Cron Jobs on my Managed Wordpress

Im getting the following error on my website:

There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron events on your site may not work. The problem was: 
    Unexpected HTTP response code: 429

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Error with Cron Jobs on my Managed Wordpress

Hi @J0suedaniel, thanks for posting.

I'm not familiar with that error and I'm not aware of any issues that might cause it.

There might be a conflict with another plugin or the theme. You may want to try disabling them to see if that alleviates the error.

Perhaps another community member might have seen that error and can offer a solution to it.

^Gary

Gary - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 Support | Check System Status
    Helper IV Helper IV
    Helper IV

Hi @J0suedaniel

Unexpected HTTP response code: 429 means the user has sent too many requests in a given amount of time.  Do you have a security plugin like WordFence that limits the numbers of connections allowed within a certain time period?

Also, are you using GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting, or do you have cPanel access?

Cheers!

Doc

Need some help with WordPress? Check out Site Doctor 911
    Worry-Free WordPress Support - So You Can Focus On The Important Stuff

Hi @SiteDoctor,

I also have this error code on my site. I don't have WordFence or any other security plugins installed on the site. And I'm using GoDaddy Managed Wordpress Hosting. Could you help?

I'm also having this issue!

Unexpected HTTP response code: 429

Same Issue. Have contacted GoDaddy support multiple times over the last few days. Even escalated to tier 3 - nobody can help.  Looks like it's an issue they don't realize they have yet.  Let's go for a fix Godaddy!

WP-Cron is disabled in Managed WP which may be why you're getting the error.

I'm needing a workaround for that myself.

Cron jobs in Managed Wordpress

I have a script that is attempting to use Cron within my managed Wordpress site.

It doesn't seem to be running.  Is this a known issue with GD's manageded Wordpress (like I am lead to believe reading other posts), or has this been resolved.  If so, why isn't it working on my site?

Thanks

MIke

Re: Cron jobs in Managed Wordpress

Did you ever get a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue

No.

I will just have to do things manually.

Hi,

Did you get to the bottom of this. Im having the same problem.

Cheers

New

I tried to set define( ‘ALTERNATE_WP_CRON’, true ); in wp-config.php file and cron jobs work, but append ?doing_wpcronXXXXX in URL. any Idea , if godaddy add below lines for managed host 

I don't get it.  I use GD's managed wordpress setup and it's always worked until one week ago.  Now I get the following message in WP Control:

There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron events on your site may not work. The problem was:

Unexpected HTTP response code: 504
    Absolutely no clue why it just decided to fail my renewals, very frustrating. There are enough subscriptions on the site having issues that manually renewing each is not an option. Ersh...
    Solution

Cron jobs are not an option on our Managed WordPress hosting accounts. If you are wanting this functionality, you will need to use something like GoDaddy Linux cPanel hosting which would allow you to install WordPress and run your cron jobs..

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting

KristyW - GoDaddy | Community Moderator | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.