• Managed WordPress Hosting

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Failed Backups and now the Site is Down - URGENT :(

Hi there, 

Unfortunately, it seems that the backups for my site gingerandme.com has failed, and the site has gone down over the weekend. The error alert says to go into the Wordpress Dashboard to fix it, but because the site is down, I am unable to do this. How do I fix it?

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 8.41.35 AM.png

1 REPLY 1
    Super User III
    Super User III
    Solution

Re: Failed Backups and now the Site is Down - URGENT :(

@ProBeautyHost17 

I see you are using prosites, from the screen below it seems like you are trying to restore a backup or clone the site - based on the URL in the image, it looks like this site is on a cPanel or VPS server 

When I went to visit the site I got a 500 error -

Step 1) I would go to the file manager and see if there is an error log - it may have the same error below

Step 2) go to the wp-content/mu-plugins and remove the gd-system-plugin folder 

This is a plugin that is specifically setup for the Managed WordPress offer from GoDaddy and typically does not work on other platforms

I am a GoDaddy End User - Just Like You
    Check out my site! | I currently manage over 300 WordPress Websites
    * Please note that I offer free advice on this forum. If you would like personalized help, please contact me. Otherwise, please ask your question in the proper forum so the answer can assist EVERYONE in the community and not just you. Thanks! *

Once your issue is resolved,
    please be sure to come back and click accept for the solution

Get Better Support on the Community Boards!
    Etiquette When Asking for Help from the Community